Broken camera after 8.1 update

Santiago_Canepa

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi! My camera seems to be broken after the last update. Any app that uses the camera just does not work, even it makes a vibration noise and I got to reboot the device.
Any one here is with the same problem? I am a little concerned if it is a software or hardware problem.
Thanks!

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
AT&T branded Lumia 920 on 8.1 DP (build 12397) here. No issues with the camera after 8.1 update. In fact, I bought it as a refurb on Ebay, then after booting it up for the first time, immediately went to 8.1. Didn't do anything to it until afterwards (the internets spoke of issues with apps post-8.1 update, so I figured I'd start clean). My camera has been working great and making other iPhone and Android users jealous. I guess the next thing might be a soft or hard reset? Is it with a specific camera app or all?

EDIT: Just re-read your post and saw that any camera app does not work. Have you tried reinstalling any of the camera apps?

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes updates can go bad. If your camera was working before the last update then it's definitely software, either a bad OS patch or firmware. To fix it, you could try performing a dead flash using the Nokia Software Updater

Fayyash

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Your phone as a hardware is sound. This is screwup from the update. I have had the same issue and I've proved this camera issue is related to 8.1. I was on developer preview and after latest update with .200 any and all applications that use the camera broke. I downgraded to 8.0 and everything was working fine with no issues.
When AT&T pushed the Cyan with 8.1, I was excited as this may give me best of both world the 8.1 and good camera. But, No this broke the camera again and no application that uses the camera API works even my bank of america application and scout. All are broken.
I did a hard reset, soft reset and today I used the Nokia recovery tool software and NOTHING helped.

I cannot believe MS released such buggy software. I posted these concerns on windows phone forums and all I get is thank you for sharing your experience.
There is NOTHING wrong with the hardware its the OS software.

I called AT&T and they told me to contact Nokia at 8886654228. If many people called perhaps they will do somthing about it. Posting on blogs will not help much.
I hope this helps,

I hope this helps.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Nokia support. they need more details ill probably send them a link of this forum.
Meanwhile can anyone with such a problem tweet Nokia @NokiaHelps regarding the issue and update us here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes