Nokia 635 - gmail problem

web68

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I just got a new Nokia 635 and am trying to get my Gmail set up on it.
Under add account, when I click the Google option, it takes me to a screen where it wants to "connect" via a web page. Clicking connect bring one right back to the first screen. Like it tries and crashes?!? So that doesn't work. Manually adding an IMAP Google account does not work either. It says can't sync, account needs attention but no options to fix anything.
Using MetroMail it also seems to try to connect via the web, but gets an invalid certificate error.

So far I can't seem to set up my Gmail account on the phone. Anybody got that working? If yes, how?
I am in the US, on T-Mobile (which should not matter)

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
On WP8.1 the web page is asking you to add your phone as a trusted device, and after that you should log in easily.
1. Check date and time.
2. Probably the password is wrong.

Edit 1. There is another similar thread, please post your results..

web68

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
It does not go to a web page. As I had said it goes right back to where it started when I click connect. I understand the trusted device stuff, but it simply does not go to where it should let me do this.
The only time where it actually goes to a web page is when I try to use MetroMail - see my original post.

web68

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
It was the date and time. Or more specifically, the date and time was set to automatic and that was correct day, number of day, and time, but wrong month. Once I changed it to manually, added the correct month, set it back to automatic, then it all worked. Thanks!!!

nakialj

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
It was the date and time. Or more specifically, the date and time was set to automatic and that was correct day, number of day, and time, but wrong month. Once I changed it to manually, added the correct month, set it back to automatic, then it all worked. Thanks!!!

I need help mines is doing the same thing

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon