Cyan update fixed the broken internet sharing on my unlocked ATT 1520

canadian1der

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So it is a well known fact that internet sharing does not work on unlocked ATT branded Lumias, at least not without a series of work around and hacks.

After updating my unlocked ATT Lumia 1520 - that I use on T-Mobile - to Cyan I noticed that my internet sharing works 100%. Access point doesn't work anymore, it says the settings were for an earlier version of windows phone when you open it. I'm assuming they changed something behind the scenes on the phone to completely fix it.

So the Cyan update fixes MMS, internet sharing, etc for unlocked ATT Lumias, without any need to change any settings, install access point, and without needing any work arounds. Has anyone else noticed this?

Jan Lachut

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, is noticed that few minutes after Cyan update. First I receive MMS without trying to fix either APN or access point. I was surprise like hell, so I checked internet sharing and voil?. Working fine just like on my previous nl1020 from Telus . Its seems like Cyan update must fixes that for us.

len0808

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I entered the apn just in case. Very happy about internet sharing on tmobile. Well worth the effort to downgrade from 8.1 dp and going to cyan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon