After Cyan update. Camera shake up and down. Only in image mode.

apecx92

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
As the title state. i tried downgrade to Lumia Black and i didnt have any problem with the camera but when i upgrade back to Cyan, it happen. the camera goes up and down/shake. Lumia Cyan problem?

record on flat surface.

Last edited:

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: After Cyan update. Camera shake itself. Only in image mode.

Maybe try to soft reset it? Volume down and power button until it vibrates :)

apecx92

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

hard reset. uninstall install. reset camera setting all done. still the same.

But when i downgrade to Lumia Black + Windows Phone OS 8.0 the camera didnt shake at all (working fine!). this problem only happen in Cyan and Image mode from what i observe.

fengjch

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

hard reset. uninstall install. reset camera setting all done. still the same.

But when i downgrade to Lumia Black + Windows Phone OS 8.0 the camera didnt shake at all (working fine!). this problem only happen in Cyan and Image mode from what i observe.
What do you mean by shake? Do you mean the image moves up and down by itself even when you put you phone steady?
If so, don worry, I'm here with you, and downgrade to 8.0 ddoesn't solve my issue

apecx92

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

yes thats what i mean. it go up and down by itself, well downgrade solve the issues for me. right now im back to WP OS 8.0 + Lumia Black.

jerahm

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I think that has something to do with the OIS. That shake is also present in Lumia Black when using Nokia Camera and setting the Focus to Infinity using manual control.

apecx92

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
im revert back to Lumia Black and no shake for me when set the focus to infinity.

i think its the continuous auto focus algorithm problem in image mode, video mode is totally fine (Lumia Cyan).

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have this too. They added continuous focus, so that's why you don't see it on your Black updates, it's new with Cyan. They should have a way to turn it off, but they don't, but this was one of the most requested features.

apecx92

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
agree. this new CAF really mess up my camera. hoping there will be an update to fix this bug. i totally confident that this is not my hardware failure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes