Nokia Lumia Cares too much about my hearing

caesaradamo

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm just gonna start by saying that the sound quality on the phone is horrendous at best. But beside that, when i'm listening to music on this phone through external speakers plugged into the headphone jack, the volume on the external device has to be maxed out, along with the phone volume being at 30/30 for you to barely be able to hear it. And to add to the aggravation about 30min into your album, just when your really getting into it, singing along and dancing, the phone courteously stops your music right there, lowers the volume (i could barely hear it before it got lowered) and pops up a message to let me know that loud music can damage your hearing.........
THANKS, if I hear any loud music coming from my nokia, i will keep that in mind, I would be pleasantly surprised to hear it loud enough to damage my hearing. Even if the music WAS loud enough to damage my hearing ITS MY HEARING TO DAMAGE. MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS THANKS FOR CARING NOW **** OFF.
After reading plenty of threads highlighting this volume problem on 630 models and other WP options its clear that there will not be a solution to this feature. good thing the phone was cheap because I'm about to throw it in the garbage and recommend everybody stay far away from windows phones until they stop enforcing their beliefs on my eardrums.

c41

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
First of all, stop acting like a stupid 12yrs old beats user, stop this crazy and unnecessary anger in the forums due the this small (but annoying - in every 20 hrs - problem). thanks.

. From February 2013 all personal music players sold in the EU – including mobile phones – are expected to have a sound limit of 85 decibels (dB).

As a result, the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardisation (CENELEC) amended its safety standard for personal music players. The transition period for the standard ended in February 2013.

All personal music players sold in the EU after February 2013 are expected to comply with the following standards:
1.Personal music players, including mobile phones, should have a sound limit of 85 dB. Mobile phones which can play music through headphones or earphones are also considered as personal music players.
2.The user can choose to override the limit so that the sound level can be increased up to maximum 100 dB.
3.If the user overrides the limit, warnings about the risks must be repeated every 20 hours of listening time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenneatler