Lumia 830 specs leaked, Sept 4 announcement?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
There are two ways it is worse. It has a 720p screen and a 13 MP camera with one flash. There are also two ways it is better, it has a bigger battery, and it is thinner.

Fair enough. I'd say there's a chance at 1080p, but 720p wouldn't be a big surprise. I hope the battery really is bigger, but what makes you so sure? One thing that would genuinely **** me off is if this phone doesn't have Glance. I'd probably have a 930 in hand right now if it supported Glance Screen, even without LTE here in the U.S.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
By the way, TK tech news said the 830 news was from a fake source. So there will be one version.

Ah, I suspected that. He promised more information/videos a while ago and didn't deliver. Figured the source didn't come through. At least that more than likely rules out the 4.5" display rumors that originally came from TK. Good news.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes! If the global release is 5" then I don't see myself getting a 930 anymore.

I'm enjoying my 1520 for the most part but I too am deciding between a 930 and an 830. The 930 is such a beautiful device, but exchangeable backs and Glance are what is enticing me most about the 830. From the fuzzy leaked images we've gotten it would appear that the metal chassis on the 830 isn't quite as nice as the one on the 930, but that could just be from the poor picture quality.

I think the 930 design is nicer overall, but with no Glance and no LTE here in the U.S., I just can't bring myself to grab one just yet.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Lol I was in disbelief when this got reported.
Sort of relieved it is fake.
MS is stupid but not to that extent thank goodness.

I'll second that. It would be colossally stupid to have offered three different version of the device across carriers. It was a mistake before with 920/5/8.

Can anyone cite where TK Tech news acknowledges that it was bad information?

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The difference between the variants is the radio and carrier logo. TK tech news responded that he needed to make sure his sources were real in response to a question about the 830 video and said here is a real Lumia 830 leak when posting about the recent leak.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This apparent leak suggests a 5", IPS LCD display (which should allow for Glance), and 720p. Even with 720p, I might be game so long as there's 2GB RAM, Qi, and a SD 800/801 on board. I'm still slightly more fond of the 930's design (corners slightly more rounded in better proportion to the display) and I'd be a bit more excited about the 830 if the design was identical, but it's nice too. Exchangeable backs/battery are an advantage of the 830 though.

Lumia-930-Lumia-830.png

Lumia 930 vs Lumia 830 front view render from China. Claims IPS LCD display. | NPU

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
This apparent leak suggests a 5", IPS LCD display (which should allow for Glance), and 720p. Even with 720p, I might be game so long as there's 2GB RAM, Qi, and a SD 800/801 on board. I'm still slightly more fond of the 930's design (corners slightly more rounded in better proportion to the display) and I'd be a bit more excited about the 830 if the design was identical, but it's nice too. Exchangeable backs/battery are an advantage of the 830 though.

View attachment 78345

Lumia 930 vs Lumia 830 front view render from China. Claims IPS LCD display. | NPU

Doubt there's going to be an 800/801 or 2gb of ram, but I'd lean more towards the 6xx series with 1gb of ram, which is still beast in its own right. Either way, all that with the microSD slot, and you have a win.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Doubt there's going to be an 800/801 or 2gb of ram, but I'd lean more towards the 6xx series with 1gb of ram, which is still beast in its own right. Either way, all that with the microSD slot, and you have a win.

According to what I read on this forum WP does not support the SD 6xx series, so it would have to either be a SD4xx or SD8xx. 2GB RAM might be wishful thinking but definitely possible.

joeinbh

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting a new phone on AT&T within the next month or so (I originally switched from VZW for the Lumia 900 and now I'm stuck there as my wife has nearly a dozen active devices for her business and won't switch). My Lumia 900 is really showing its age, so no more waiting - it'll either be the 830 or the 1520. The deciding factor for me will be the camera. If the 830's camera can match the 1520, I'm there.

What's most interesting is that it looks like the camera on the 830 will be different from anything we've seen so far. It's housing evokes the 1020, but I'd be shocked if Microsoft was planning on anything like that 41mp beast for 3 reasons: (i) no rumors of a super-camera phone, (ii) the name, since 1030 would be the obvious name if this were an imaging beast, and (iii) no xenon flash. However, it also doesn't look like Microsoft is just plopping in the same 20mp camera from the 929/930/1520. The flash is a single LED, as opposed to the dual LED flash in the other 20mp shooters. And it's not just those from the current generation. The VAST majority of Lumias, going back to the 800, the 810, the 820, 822, 920, and even my trusty old 900 have dual LED flashes. If they were simply going to plop in the same 20mp camera featured on the other current high-end phones, wouldn't it be a no-brainer just to use the same dual LED flash setup that is used on those phones and that Nokia has always used? My reasoned suspicion, therefore, is that we're looking at an entirely new camera.

Beyond that, it's entirely speculation, but my personal speculation is a camera with the same or modestly lower resolution (20mp or less), but with a larger sensor. A larger sensor (like that found in the 1020) could explain the dedicated housing, and also the "missing" LED, since a larger sensor (along with the OIS pioneered in the 920) allows for better low-light performance and thus less need for artificial illumination.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I would be surprised if it came with the same camera as the 1520.

I'd be happy with 13MP Pureview.

Hopefully they surprise me :)

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a feeling its going to be 13mp, which is kind of putting me off, to be honest. I know megapixel doesnt translate image quality but having a 20mp camera would be nice for bragging rights :winktongue: I believe there is currently no mid ranger with a 20mp camera. If the 830 comes with a 20mp camera, i have a feeling its going to be very successful and also i'm buying it without any hesitation.
Right now, all the renders and information from varied sources are suggesting 13mp only, i have yet to see a leaked source that suggests a 20mp camera.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Beyond that, it's entirely speculation, but my personal speculation is a camera with the same or modestly lower resolution (20mp or less), but with a larger sensor. A larger sensor (like that found in the 1020) could explain the dedicated housing, and also the "missing" LED, since a larger sensor (along with the OIS pioneered in the 920) allows for better low-light performance and thus less need for artificial illumination.

Good points here. The 1520 is still a better device at $489. The 830 device is thinner than the current 5" or less lumias and vey little info released. Joe B. at least gave us a pic using 730 ff camera. Struggling with this especially since availability of 830 America version maybe months away

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes