09-07-2014 02:54 PM
180 ... 34567 ...
tools
    The $400 is fake. Softpedia said it was a mid range device, and so should cost around $400
    Other sites just copied them.
    08-26-2014 09:41 AM
    I guess around $300, since the 530 was $110, the 635 was $180, and the 730 will be $240. I am not sure, this is just an educated guess. And the camera should be a 13 MP with a large sensor.
    DoctorSaline likes this.
    08-26-2014 09:46 AM
    Why the ****, they brought micro USB on the top again? I thought post 1020 this standard will be the thing of past.
    Not sure why they ever did that. Makes a lot more sense while charging in the car to have it on top, otherwise you have to lay your phone upside down. I'm guessing there were complaints.
    maverick786us likes this.
    08-26-2014 10:03 AM
    JB gave a 730 FF camera pic? when? where?

EDIT: nm, its a Tom Warren question on Twitter for a photo that posted on Weibo....
    https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status...206528/photo/1
    08-26-2014 10:20 AM
    Beyond that, it's entirely speculation, but my personal speculation is a camera with the same or modestly lower resolution (20mp or less), but with a larger sensor. A larger sensor (like that found in the 1020) could explain the dedicated housing, and also the "missing" LED, since a larger sensor (along with the OIS pioneered in the 920) allows for better low-light performance and thus less need for artificial illumination.
    I think the dedicated housing is just there to show the emphasis on photography/pureview camera. Lumia Icon/930/1520 all use larger 1/2.5&1/2.3" sensors. But yes, the OIS tech introduced in 920 was perhaps never used again. I hope you are right about this because that tech really made a great difference to lowlight photography/filmography.
    08-26-2014 10:23 AM
    Not sure why they ever did that. Makes a lot more sense while charging in the car to have it on top, otherwise you have to lay your phone upside down. I'm guessing there were complaints.
    Exactly! Most vehicles have a phone holder now, when charging there it makes sense to have the port on top.
    08-26-2014 11:35 AM
    there will be Qi built in (atleast for the Brazil version) ... so there is the option to use the Qi Wireless charger for cars...
    08-26-2014 12:21 PM
    This device is shaping up to potentially be very impressive as far as mid-rangers go. Seems like we'll either all be very happy/impressed on Sept 4 or quite disappointed... no in between. If the only non-high-end spec we see is 720p, I can live with it.
    08-26-2014 12:24 PM
    Hoping this has the same camera as the 930 and a microSD slot. If so I'll be able to get rid of my 920 and 520.
    08-26-2014 03:06 PM
    This device is shaping up to potentially be very impressive as far as mid-rangers go. Seems like we'll either all be very happy/impressed on Sept 4 or quite disappointed... no in between. If the only non-high-end spec we see is 720p, I can live with it.
    It needs to be PRICED like a midrange device though. Otherwise, it's just another overpriced premium phone with middling performance. If the 20mp and the Snapdragon 800 are legit, and they're able to get it to the US market at/around $399, then they'll sell by the bunches. If it shows up at $550, then it's going to get passed over by people who will wait for the 1030.
    I_m_Snah likes this.
    08-26-2014 05:24 PM
    Now a days car holders have the gap at the bottom from where the wire can pass and then recent car holders have Wireless charging inbuilt. But with microUSB on top, you can't use it as dock. How many flagship devices you've seen that have MicroUSB on top?
    08-27-2014 07:39 AM
    How many flagship devices you've seen that have MicroUSB on top?
    ​Lumia 925 :(
    08-27-2014 07:48 AM
    the problem with the US market is the subsidies that most people expect... an old argument i know - but its a real problem for WP phones...
    for this to be a barn storming phone, it needs to be sub 300 before subsidies
    08-27-2014 09:24 AM
    I know, I think it will be around $300, maybe more, but the Microsoft store will offer it for less. This could, despite not having yellow lines and doubling as a grenade, be a very good one plus one competitor. Not to mention Nokia's great customer support, cameras, and normal buying system.
    08-27-2014 09:43 AM
    Now a days car holders have the gap at the bottom from where the wire can pass and then recent car holders have Wireless charging inbuilt. But with microUSB on top, you can't use it as dock. How many flagship devices you've seen that have MicroUSB on top?
    I have a 2-year old Acura and it doesn't have a gap for the wire. If you meant that phone holders do, most people don't use phone holders anyway. I charge my phone in my car without one, personally.

As for docking, I suppose that would be an issue in the car, but at home, that's what Qi is for.

At the end of the day it's a convenience thing. I prefer the USB charger to be on top but either way everyone can easily get their phone charged no matter if it's on the top or bottom.
    maverick786us and Blkacesvf41 like this.
    08-27-2014 09:49 AM
    08-27-2014 04:20 PM
    "This video has been removed by the user." -_-
    08-27-2014 04:33 PM
    "This video has been removed by the user." -_-
    Damn. Well it didn't reveal anything special... looked like your regular video shot using a Lumia with OIS. The only question was whether it really was shot using a Lumia 830 as the title and description indicated.
    08-27-2014 07:54 PM
    I have a 2-year old Acura and it doesn't have a gap for the wire. If you meant that phone holders do, most people don't use phone holders anyway. I charge my phone in my car without one, personally.

As for docking, I suppose that would be an issue in the car, but at home, that's what Qi is for.

At the end of the day it's a convenience thing. I prefer the USB charger to be on top but either way everyone can easily get their phone charged no matter if it's on the top or bottom.
    Even I don't understand the logic behind something that is almost universal now a days. I am sure it had nothing to do with 'some' user complaints as they will get far more now. particularly in cars, people seriously wont think of getting new holders to charge their pohones in the cars. Most holders today have a gap at the bottom and are clear on the top. But the primary issue will be the wire coming from the top. I always prefer it at the bottom as it does not come into my sight very easily
    maverick786us likes this.
    08-28-2014 01:20 AM
    Even I don't understand the logic behind something that is almost universal now a days. I am sure it had nothing to do with 'some' user complaints as they will get far more now. particularly in cars, people seriously wont think of getting new holders to charge their pohones in the cars. Most holders today have a gap at the bottom and are clear on the top. But the primary issue will be the wire coming from the top. I always prefer it at the bottom as it does not come into my sight very easily
    Another points which I almost missed. 3.5mm audio jack looks good on the top. However a micrUSB looks bit ugly on the top. even when you see a charging cable on top, it looks wiered.
    08-28-2014 03:16 AM
    I prefer it at the top as well! It just makes so much more sense, especially when connecting a usb port in your car. Hopefully it comes with the L shaped wires doe!
    hasasimo likes this.
    08-28-2014 06:59 AM
    Also can i just say, i have a STRONG feeling its going to be a snapdragon 800 or more, if the nexus 5 is available with an 800 there is NO excuse why Nokia can't make it the same processor especially when the 5 is not exactly new.
    08-28-2014 07:01 AM
    The purpose of doc connector is not only for charging, but there are several 3rd party devices, with which we can connect our smartphones. Example speakers, dock stations and smart docks like Lumawake that is designed for iPhones, which provides special notification lights and other intresting things.
    Harneet Singh4 likes this.
    08-28-2014 07:30 AM
    I also like the charging port on top, solely because it makes it easier to plug in while in the car (I'd usually have my phone sitting in a cup-holder). That said, I'm a city guy who has never owned a car and usually drives one only 2-3 times per month, so my opinion shouldn't count for much and the placement of the charging port isn't a huge deal for me. Take away my dedicated camera button, however, and then we'd have problems.
    hasasimo likes this.
    08-28-2014 09:09 AM

I drive a 3 year old of what is considered a "Luxury" car and doesn't have any built in gap or wiring for you to charge your phone. To assume that everyone drives the latest and greatest cars out there is kinda crazy.
    hasasimo likes this.
    08-28-2014 09:31 AM
180 ... 34567 ...