Lumia 830 specs leaked, Sept 4 announcement?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
No, I mean the Moto X. The specs in the Moto X were outdated for a "high-end" phone - 720p display, same S4Pro dual core as a L920, etc. Yet by lowering the price and not concentrating marketing on specs, Moto was able to sell it as their high-end phone...and it got great reviews. My gut says this is what will happen with the 830. The 730 and to some extent 630 will compete with the Moto G.

Then the X+1 will be high end then, as it will be 1080p and S801.

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
If Verizon gets this device exclusively. They will become the best place to be a windows phone lover. I wish Tmobile stepped their game up and at LEAST update the 925 to cyan

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I am concerned with the amount of RAM this device has as well as the processor. If it at least has a qualcom 600 and 2gb of ram. This is a winner

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorry I'm obviously not making myself clear. I'm not saying that this phone will compete with the X+1. The original question was "who is it aimed at" and the answer is "people who know that bleeding-edge on-paper specs aren't necessary to enjoy a phone that feels like a flagship and saves a few hundred bucks"

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I think the phone is probably aimed for Tmo or Europe if the idea is 90% of the Icon for 1/2 price. On the other US carriers the phones are subsidized anyways so it makes much more sense to spend $50-100 more for the top of the line.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have owned a 820 since the day it was available in India. If the pictures (particularly the metallic ones) are true and it indeed has a 20MP pure view camera, I think I may finally upgrade to it. Only thing that may hold me back is the price. I hope it is not priced more than $300 (roughly 20,000 INR). If the 730 is around $225 and 830 for $300 that would be the right pricing for these 'mid-range' phones.
I do wish though that its screen size is actually 5" and not 4.5". Current 4.3" screen looks absolutely tiny to me.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have owned a 820 since the day it was available in India. If the pictures (particularly the metallic ones) are true and it indeed has a 20MP pure view camera, I think I may finally upgrade to it. Only thing that may hold me back is the price. I hope it is not priced more than $300 (roughly 20,000 INR). If the 730 is around $225 and 830 for $300 that would be the right pricing for these 'mid-range' phones.
I do wish though that its screen size is actually 5" and not 4.5". Current 4.3" screen looks absolutely tiny to me.

Considering the 630 has a 4.5" display and the 730 is rumored to be 4.7", I highly doubt the 830 will be anything smaller than 4.7". Anything smaller would be a little ridiculous IMO for an "affordable high end phone" as this is rumored to be. I too am hoping for at least 5", but I'm thinking 4.7" is more likely. Either way, don't expect it to be smaller than that.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Considering the 630 has a 4.5" display and the 730 is rumored to be 4.7", I highly doubt the 830 will be anything smaller than 4.7". Anything smaller would be a little ridiculous IMO for an "affordable high end phone" as this is rumored to be. I too am hoping for at least 5", but I'm thinking 4.7" is more likely. Either way, don't expect it to be smaller than that.
I don't know, I think that 4.5" is really the sweet spot and the demand for it will be there. I always have this argument with my wife, ladies because they carry a purse always go with the huge screen phones. Us guys gotta have them in our pockets, so some of phablets are really uncomfortable.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Finally, real choices! I have until December to decide between the M8 and anything else that comes out around then. I'm afraid to leave Nokia because I doubt htc will be continuing firmware updates very far into the future, but then again Nokia has only been making one phone and scattering features across different price ranges (an SD card is not exclusively for low end devices Nokia!). If this has a removable battery ill probably be forced to get it as I doubt any others will.

Sent from my 20CDS02B00 using Tapatalk

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
September 4th is not that long away! Wonder if they will pull a Verizon; where the phone is already stock and ready to sell? It would be great if it were available at the Microsoft retail store the day or after the announcement of it. I will buy it if there is a T-Mobile version so it has to be compatible - and T-Mobile does not do something stupid to alter the 830 like they did for the 925 and 521 models; or I not buying - not switching carriers.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
September 4th is not that long away! Wonder if they will pull a Verizon; where the phone is already stock and ready to sell? It would be great if it were available at the Microsoft retail store the day or after the announcement of it. I will buy it if there is a T-Mobile version so it has to be compatible - and T-Mobile does not do something stupid to alter the 830 like they did for the 925 and 521 models; or I not buying - not switching carriers.

That's always been the lone gripe I have with Nokia... phones being released so long after announcement. I've loved everything else about the brand. Hopefully the phone will be available immediately for once. I'd prefer an unlocked international version to be released right away, but will settle for a carrier variant.

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think all 830 variants will have a snapdragon 800 and 2 gb ram. The 830 will have a 4.7" HD screen and a 13 mp camera. The Verizon version will have a 4.5" screen, and the tmobile version will have a 20 MP camera.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think all 830 variants will have a snapdragon 800 and 2 gb ram. The 830 will have a 4.7" HD screen and a 13 mp camera. The Verizon version will have a 4.5" screen, and the tmobile version will have a 20 MP camera.

The snapdragon 800 is a year old and is a battery hog; the 801 is the one that is a great SoC! It built-in for efficient battery operation and is still the same speed as the 800 and is price a little cheaper too! Nokia/Microsoft would be just plain lazy to put the 800 in when the 801 is available. Consumers will know what is what! You cannot fool them in the long term since they learn quickly!

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Why would they make the 830 faster than the 930? And the 801 is basically an overclocked 800 with a few other changes. They even share the model number. And consumers do not learn quickly. They just fall for the bigger number.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I doubt this but I'd love if it were true. It would basically be a smaller 930 in this case. I don't think they'll include specs that match a high end model they just released. I'm guessing SD600.

Edit: If it includes expandable storage this would actually make it better than the 930. Another reason why unfortunately I don't think your prediction will come to fruition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes