My 1020 keeps restarting during the 8.1 download. Help!!

Poppe

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia 1020 has spent the past 5 hours trying to download the f***ing 8.1 update. For the past hour or so it's been showing the cogs spinning, then the Nokia startup screen, then the cogs again. What do I do? Help please!

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
My sister who was on the developer preview (been on it since 8.1 was released) tried to do the latest update today and it bricked the phone. Just says it requires a factory reset. Going to try the nokia software recovery tool later.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
So after two hours of trying I couldn't get any of the Nokia recovery programs to flash the 1020. "Could not detect phone information" was all they say. I was able to get it to boot but it says "Phone off" and can't make calls. WiFi works but there are no phone updates available.

****. Going to try taking it to the Microsoft Store to see if they'll help at all but I doubt it.

Never going to use the preview again. I'm going to restore my mother's 1020 to stock while I still can.

Poppe

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The soft reset doesn't work and for some reason I can't do a hard reset. I've followed the instructions, but the phone never gets to the exclamation mark screen. It's been about 15 hours worth of cogs and wheels and the phone turns itself off, then on every minute or so. Tried calling Nokia, and they don't care. Can't go to the care point because the phone has a crack on the screen. Please help. Is there any other way to do a hard reset apart from the one that involves holding the volume down button until I see an exclamation mark?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon