Has anyone seen this phone on display yet?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I just went to all of the Verizon stores in my area and none of them had the Windows Phone version of the M8 on display. Heck, when I spoke to a guy at the main branch, he said it must be online-only. They did have the Icon, Ativ, and 8X on display, though.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you go to a reseller or a corporate store? The corporate store near me had one on display. I haven't been to a reseller yet.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I just went to all of the Verizon stores in my area and none of them had the Windows Phone version of the M8 on display. Heck, when I spoke to a guy at the main branch, he said it must be online-only. They did have the Icon, Ativ, and 8X on display, though.

Seems possible. Not Verizon, but went to a T-Mobile store and was told it would be online only for them when they get it.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Got mine day after release. Was on display and they had just gotten their first shipment in, a day late. The tech helping me asked me how I liked WP as be had never tried it and knew little about it. Wasn't knocking it just curious so I told him what I liked about it. Nice guy overall and a typically good experience, but hey, its Oregon. Nice friendly folks.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to my Verizon store last week and they had it on display right next to the android M8. I didn't ask if they had any in stock, but I assumed they did.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Lose hope. I went to 3 corporate stores in Houston about a week after launch (one right by the Galleria). They all had the phones in stock, but hadn't set up their display models yet. Needless to say, they wouldn't open one for me to see unless I was willing to buy it.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you go to a reseller or a corporate store? The corporate store near me had one on display. I haven't been to a reseller yet.

Two corporate and three resellers. I spoke about the biggest corporate store in the area in my original post. I just really want to play with the phone!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This phone is best looking windows phone but oh the camera is crap :(

Saw one at the MS store a few hours ago

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
This phone is best looking windows phone but oh the camera is crap :(

Saw one at the MS store a few hours ago

I didn't buy it for the camera, and seeing how my snaps are mostly whiteboards and such its fine.

Besides, any 50 dollar snap and shoot would put it, and any Lumia, to shame.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I purchased mine from a Verizon corporate store 2 days after the launch day. They had none on display but had them in stock for sale. I was the 1st one this store sold one too. I told them they would probably go faster if you had them out on display or at least a poster up.

experiment 626

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
The corporate store in Clearwater,FL had two working M8 w/Windows out. One in an HTC line display and another with a Windows Phone lineup display.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I love how Microsoft doesn't lock down the phones at the MS store. You can pick them up and hold it like a normal phone, pretty cool

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I picked mine up at the Microsoft store in Salem NH. Multiples on display. Verizon Corporate store there also had on display next to ?con.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes