email+messaging storage sense

ilias_hellas

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys..I just got my Lumia 925 (brand new) and I am experiencing a strange thing..When I check the storage sense app it tells me that I have 166 mb of email+messaging stuff on my phone..I can assure you there are 0 of these because I only used my phone for like a week or so..Does anyone know if I can restore this amount of memory and use it for something else,or at least find out what takes up so much memory?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
On my 920 (the phone I'm currently using), it says 240.69MB under Storage Sense for email and messaging. Whatever the amount that's taken up there, it's obviously got to do with how many emails you have saved and how many texts you have stored in the phone.

anon(5323098)

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Is it affected by how many and which folders are syncing along with the time span? Remember that there are some folders (like Sent Items) which are synced automatically

ilias_hellas

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
On my 920 (the phone I'm currently using), it says 240.69MB under Storage Sense for email and messaging. Whatever the amount that's taken up there, it's obviously got to do with how many emails you have saved and how many texts you have stored in the phone.

Hey man..I have been using smartphones since they where available..Trust me I have 0 emails stored in my phone..I did a hard reset and then without entering my email address the storage sense reported 56 mb of emails and messaging..there must be something else!

ilias_hellas

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Please if none knows what's in there at least tell me if and how anybody cleans that sector from time to time..If it grows too much what are we going to do..I really need those mb free to use them differently..

SidDharth Nanda

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Please if none knows what's in there at least tell me if and how anybody cleans that sector from time to time..If it grows too much what are we going to do..I really need those mb free to use them differently..

Even i need a solution to this. Storage sense is showing 2.04 GB of used memory in my lumia 730 under email+messaging

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey man..I have been using smartphones since they where available..Trust me I have 0 emails stored in my phone..I did a hard reset and then without entering my email address the storage sense reported 56 mb of emails and messaging..there must be something else!

You worry about 56mb??? Omg.

Well maybe its something else listed under this section, who knows. But I don't think the system will just randomly waste space for fun...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon