Odd issue with screen/touch interaction

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So my phone has been having a strange problem and I dont know what the cause is. Seems like it started happening yesterday afternoon. EDIT: Touch sensitivity is set to Normal when this occurs.

The Problem:
Phone starts bugging out like it's being interacted with when Im not even touching the screen. Cortana will come up, voice commands will come up, the apps will "freeze" as touch doesnt work, it'll even go into task list mode.

My testing:
- I cleaned my screen thinking it was smudges or excess skin oil. That didnt help
- I thought it may be interference with having two bluetooth connections (Car BT for voice and audio bluetooth in aux for music). I disable this but it continued to happen
- A reboot seems to clear the issue but it'll start happening
- Use a 3.5mm cable into aux port of my car. This seems to cause the issue. However if I leave the cable in the headphone of the jack and not in the car it seems to be ok.

Any ideas or suggestions?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
So my phone has been having a strange problem and I dont know what the cause is. Seems like it started happening yesterday afternoon. EDIT: Touch sensitivity is set to Normal when this occurs.

The Problem:
Phone starts bugging out like it's being interacted with when Im not even touching the screen. Cortana will come up, voice commands will come up, the apps will "freeze" as touch doesnt work, it'll even go into task list mode.

My testing:
- I cleaned my screen thinking it was smudges or excess skin oil. That didnt help
- I thought it may be interference with having two bluetooth connections (Car BT for voice and audio bluetooth in aux for music). I disable this but it continued to happen
- A reboot seems to clear the issue but it'll start happening
- Use a 3.5mm cable into aux port of my car. This seems to cause the issue. However if I leave the cable in the headphone of the jack and not in the car it seems to be ok.

Any ideas or suggestions?

My first 1520 did the exact same things at 5 weeks of owning it. Soft reset, hard reset, NRT flash didn't fix it. I ordered another from B&H and returned the bad one with assurance I would get a refund based on the videos I showed their rep. Second one is doing great but I've just had it a few weeks now.

sam1374

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the Lumia Family....that touch issue is always the problem with Lumia phones...i too have it on my 1520

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone back in Feb. which makes this odder.

Its a company phone so I can look into getting a replacment but I'd rather try some things first like the resets. Do you have a link to the NRT flash?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a link to the NRT flash?
It stands for Nokia Recovery Tool. What it does is re-flashes your phone to the original version of firmware and OS it came with (or that it would come with now if still being sold). Should be easy to find with search. Since any time you flash a device there is some small risk of bricking, I made sure the store I bought the phone from was okay with me trying it before returning the phone. I just did it on the chance that some of either the firmware or OS files got corrupted.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It stands for Nokia Recovery Tool. What it does is re-flashes your phone to the original version of firmware and OS it came with (or that it would come with now if still being sold). Should be easy to find with search. Since any time you flash a device there is some small risk of bricking, I made sure the store I bought the phone from was okay with me trying it before returning the phone. I just did it on the chance that some of either the firmware or OS files got corrupted.

Gotcha, thats definitely a last resort option. Soft and hard resets I can live with.

Well the wonkiness seems to have died down but I have done nada. I plan on testing it on my drive home and see if there's a link to the issue and teh AUX cable to my car.

I was also thinking it could have been one of my apps causing the bug.

zain1986

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
My phone is showing this problem too. It started after 5 months of usuage. Happens more in windows 8.1 than windows 8. I have done hard reset but the problem is still there. It most happens when i apply pressure on the corners of the phone and when i push yhe dedicated camera button. Still dont know whether its a hardware issue or not because resetting made it better for few days but did not completely solve it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes