I have the new Lumia 730! Any questions, just ask!

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Does the Lumia 730 still have those annoying "loading..." "resuming..." My Lumia 520 always does that and I hate it so much! Might upgrade to 730 though.

Anjan Sarkar

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
The icons of sim2 is not displaying in screen. Earlier it was o k because of some wrong touching it is not showing now . Can you help me? How to bring back the sim 2 icons?

Shankar r2

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I have lumia 730 dual sim future.
First sim slot is working fine.
I have a problem with 2nd sim slot.
I made MTS CDMA sim as a micro sim, and tried to inert, It fit incorrectly.
Then I turned MTS CDMA sim into nano sim and tried to insert, this time sim got inserted on slot but, sim did not recognize only.

I tried with the Tata Docomo GSM sim also, got same result.
Please help me.

abhilash19081983

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
installing cortana........
change region-keyboard and speech language...simple..
not for me, stuck with downloading the keyboard and speech....
tried every possible combinations with U.S./U.K. , wifi/3g all in vain
OS version is 8.10.14167.221
firmware revision - 02040.00005.04391.36002
help me out...cortana is the only reason i switched from android to windows

HarjitSingh

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello Dear,
I am a big fan of nokia but as I know this brand it always try to stick with useless logics. I have bought Lumia 730. I am happy with camera quality Screen quality means awsome display. Processing is also noticeable. But body shape is not confirtable. It is about to fell down at any momemnt if you type with single hand. The main problem is Nokia's useless Logic.
1) You can't transfer files between Phone memory and SD card without connecting phone to PC.
2) You cant send audio files through Whatsapp.
3) You cant Use password protection for applications i.e. Whatsapp, msgs, contacts etc. The password protection is only available to the complete Phone.
4) You cant open Phone memorys files directly. You can only visit the galary. but there is not display that shows whether the file is available on Phone or SD card.
5) Some times it misses contacts saved in phone memory and you can only see the Numbers with contacts name.
6) If you are on gallery and you hold on picture/video you cant get options to share. Specially if you see pictures through camera.
7) The main power button is available in the middle of left side which creates dificulty in holding.
In the end the quality is really really awsome. But unfortunately Nokia is stick with the old logical attitude which could again put it on the sale point.

HarjitSingh

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello Dear,
I am a big fan of nokia but as I know this brand it always try to stick with useless logics. I have bought Lumia 730. I am happy with camera quality Screen quality means awsome display. Processing is also noticeable. But body shape is not confirtable. It is about to fell down at any momemnt if you type with single hand. The main problem is Nokia's useless Logic.
1) You can't transfer files between Phone memory and SD card without connecting phone to PC.
3) You cant Use password protection for applications i.e. Whatsapp, msgs, contacts etc. The password protection is only available to the complete Phone.
4) You cant open Phone memorys files directly. You can only visit the galary. but there is not display that shows whether the file is available on Phone or SD card.
5) Some times it misses contacts saved in phone memory and you can only see the Numbers with contacts name.
6) If you are on gallery and you hold on picture/video you cant get options to share. Specially if you see pictures through camera.
7) The main power button is available in the middle of left side which creates dificulty in holding.
In the end the quality is really really awsome. But unfortunately Nokia is stick with the old logical attitude which could again put it on the sale point.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello Dear,

Hello Harjit,
I think most of your questions can be resolved by downloading a file manager app from the store. Download "Files" app from the Store and you'll see all your files from both Phone as well as SD card storage. You can then directly transfer files from Phone to SD and vice versa without having to connect with the computer.

WhatsApp has not implemented direct Audio sharing through app, but you can achieve this by a trick. Just copy/paste the audio file(.mp3) to SD card/Pictures/Camera Roll and then rename the file with the extension .mp4. Once done, you can launch WhatsApp and in attachment select Video. You'll find the file in Camera Roll. Don't worry about the mp4 extension, the user at teh other end will be able to download it as mp3 file. So, job done :)

Yes, Microsoft has not given this access to third party developers to protect an app. It's not about Nokia, but all WP OEMs have this limitation. You can alternatively use Kids Corner/App Corner from Settings menu.

Again, You can achieve this through "Files" app.

See if you have deleted the account associated with those numbers. You can check in People hub and see if any of those accounts are unchecked or contacts are unlinked. Go to People hub and select Filter Contacts to verify it.

Picture/Video Share option is available through Picture/Camer Roll. Not sure, why it's not showing you the same option. Try a soft reset (Power+Volume Down for 15 sec) and see if that helps. You can alternatively try to send files using "Files" app.

Sorry, I can't help you in this. It was Nokia/Microsoft's decision :)

Hope all your questions are now answered and have fun with 730 as its an awesome phone :)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Ashish this is a very good reply on all items.
Only a small addition..
In the people hub you can also show contacts without numbers. It's a setting. Push left from SHOWING and the you can see the setting.

But again an excellent reply

vipinwindows

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I would like o know about Bluetooth file transfer. When I receive the files it shows the progress and I cant see the file after it complete the transfer. Where will be the files located ? One more qus: where is the files located which we are downloading from outlook and from opera etc. ? . I checked the download folder but i was not able to see the files...Could you please help me ?

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
are you mad... 730 is not a CDMA phone.. both slots only supports GSM sims...

WCDMA means 3G... not cdma.. keep this in your mind..

Puspendu Roy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Picture file- goes to Downloads folder in phone or sd card
Music file- goes to music folder in phone or sd card
Video- to videos folder
Documents- to documents folder
PDF files- never send pdf files to windows phones via bluetooth, you can't find them via Files app, but you can always go into adobe reader and the files will be there..

Albany Park

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm from the UK and have a Lumia 735. It's a fantastic phone and really enjoy the WP 8.1 OS.

However, after dropping my phone in the cinema from a sitting height I noticed several scratches on the screen. I didn't bother with screen protectors or a case as the phone has Gorilla Glass 3 and there are numerous videos showing the glass can cope with knifes, keys etc.

I carry my phone in my pocket with nothing else in it - just the phone alone.

I was wondering if anyone else had found scratches on their 730/735? Furthermore, does putting a screen protector affect touch sensitivity or the feel of the phone? If so, by how much?

Btw - it is definitely a scratch as you can feel a slight indent on the screen when you run your finger nail on the affected area. Furthermore, there is a very slight, barely noticeable colour disfiguration on the screen display when on. Like I said, very small but I notice it!

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Parker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon