Connection (both phone and cellular) stops even while looking connected.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Greetings guys,

I've just started using the L830 and updated with the Developer Preview.
I'm not sure if it's a hardware or new patch issue but my phone's connection keeps getting halted.

Everything looks fine but I'm not able to make any phone calls or connect to internet. It happens like every 10-15 minutes and lasts about 2 minute.

Is this any issue heard of?

Thank you.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I used to have a problem like this, but it was largely down to the crappy network.

What I do is either just turn on airplane mode and wait, or reboot and disable, then re-enable automatic time syncing (NTP).

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the reply.

But it cannot be the network. I also don't think it might be SIM related because I don't think it would cause frequent connection problems which gets fixed by it's own all the time.

I've changed the network from "Auto" to my own carrier to see if it makes any change but I doubt that as well :)

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
BTW, I've posted a message on the Wi-Fi thread as well but just in case someone gets into this thread:

Nothing solved the problem. Tried other sim's, Developer's Preview - Lumia Recovery Tool.. nothing fixed the problem.
I've taken the logs from the carrier side and they also see signal dropping due to "low priority signalling" and then getting up again.

Sent to repair/change.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am observing this issue past several days. My Lumia 830 won't have any network signal sometimes. Network which I am using is pretty strong and I doubt if it is network issue.
My phone is not carrier locked, and I am not using Developer Preview, nor I have updated software after receiving Lumia 830.
Putting phone in flight mode does not solve the problem. Only reboot solves the issue.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
My problem automatically gets fixed without the need to do anything.
Bu "repair" fixed nothing because they haven't found anything.

Please try to do my test and capture with a video if you can. That way you will have an evidence about the problem.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure, but I doubt if Network Signal loss is happening when I travel to low/no signal area like lifts or stairs where mobile network signal is less.
Yesterday when I came out of lift, I noticed no signal, but after 2-3 minutes signal appeared automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes