Question about using keyboard for long notes.

Mc Bing

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I asked this similiar question over in the Note 3 forum, but also I'm interested in the M8 for windows as well.

I'm currently using the iPhone 5s wth T-Mobile, and I'm looking for a bigger screen device with an efficient note taking experience, as I'm taking daily hour long notes. I have to type these in myself, no recording or physical keyboards are an option.

I've had experience with a Nokia 710 way back. The typing from what I remember was decent. Has this changed much with 8.1? And have any of you users taken long, lengthy notes with your M8?

The speakers seem a big plus to me. But I also need a effcient and stable note taking experience as well, with a 5+ size screen. Also, I realize the bonus for windows phones are the office suites. 😊

So, have any of you M8 users used your device for lengthy notes, say 500 words.

Thanks in advance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Since it's the WP keyboard anyone can really answer this question. The keyboard is not specific to M8. Just to note, you cannot get a physical keyboard for WP currently.

The predictive text on WP is very good and WordFlow is very nice indeed. You can type fairly quick.

Don't get too excited about Office on WP. It's fairly basic but good enough for note taking.

Mc Bing

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the response and feedback on Windows phone and keyboards and office.

One question, as I don't recall about the 710, will windows keyboard recognize words you put in repeatedly? Learn what you're typing? As when I'm taking notes I use English mostly along with Hebrew and Greek terms.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You can always add words to the dictionary by tapping on them, and there will be a +word option at the top of the keyboard on the predictive ribbon. Tapping that will add the word to the dictionary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb