quick question

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
just noticed this change in the radio version, or "baseband"

wp_ss_20141219_0003.jpgwp_ss_20141220_0001.jpg

it could be LTE band 4(1700-2100mhz) has been activated after all, is there any icon user who can confirm if they have the same version?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My non updated 928 has the same version, sorry. Thanks for all the "testing" Verizon!

VZW was the first carrier in the US to update to Denim (beating some other parts of the world that were supposed to be earlier). As expected though someone who hasn't even updated their phone finds the time for sarcastic comments. Perhaps if you chose to update your phone you might find time to recognize that testing (and not relaxing Cyan) and then expediting Denim is actually something worth appreciation. Of course there is no winning in the scenario. Release an update with problems and people complain they didn't care enough to test - don't release and they didn't care enough to release. Cyan is old news and Denim was released early. I think that says enough. Please go one with the sarcasm since it contributes so much to discussions....

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
VZW was the first carrier in the US to update to Denim (beating some other parts of the world that were supposed to be earlier). As expected though someone who hasn't even updated their phone finds the time for sarcastic comments. Perhaps if you chose to update your phone you might find time to recognize that testing (and not relaxing Cyan) and then expediting Denim is actually something worth appreciation. Of course there is no winning in the scenario. Release an update with problems and people complain they didn't care enough to test - don't release and they didn't care enough to release. Cyan is old news and Denim was released early. I think that says enough. Please go one with the sarcasm since it contributes so much to discussions....

So, how many WP8 phones on Verizon have updated to 8.1? The 822 and 928 finally? After skipping Cyan for 6 months? How about the 8X? Ativ SE? Icon?

Do we have XLTE support? HD voice? Have they opened up access to APN settings or are those still locked down? Does the Access Point app even work anymore?

Nope nope nope nope nope nope

Denim released early? It's been out on devices for a couple months and the global rollout is well underway. That's not "early".

Verizon tests on their network. "Testing" is not the reason it took this long (or, how QUICKLY they pushed it out, lol). WP8.1 isn't some strange beast that can't run on it. They wanted more -- whether it was MS doing their apps for them, Softcard support, or just a new ski lodge near the Seattle area for Verizon exec's is not completely clear.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lol I noticed my wifi hotspots didn't work, but after reapplying that nokia APN it worked again, apart from the stupid Verizon bootscreen and some arrows for data activity I see no improvement at all, don't know if there is the so called AWS support after all, that's why I made this thread, haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet, if I get an LTE signal on the city lucky me ^^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon