What ROM work best with the Lumia 1520 RM-937?

ibamba

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I lately bought a Lumia 1520 white color (RM-937). I am using it in the US; the phone came with a ROM from Yemen. I flashed the phone to a ROM from Finland and then the UK (both ROM are country variant). My phone get connected on both Cricket Wireless(Which uses AT&T network) and T-mobile to HSPA+ speed. I am not getting LTE; This is not a big deal for me since HSPA+ internet speed is fast enough to get what I need done. I would like to get your opinions about which ROM (Country Variant) is better suited for use in the US. I already know the whole process of unbranding (Flashing Lumia phones). My phone currently has the UK Country Variant ROM installed.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Because of the differences in LTE radio hardware, you need to stick to RM-937 ROMs. None of the RM-940 (AT&T) or RM-938 (Latin America Region) ROMs will work for your phone. The BANDS on your LTE radio aren't compatible with any North American LTE. It's going to stay that way.

As far as what ROM? The Country Variants will all be pretty much the same. The carrier versions may have some extra carrier apps that will probably be useless in the US. I'd stick with what you have now. Why go ROM hopping? Many with RM-937 are flashing the Finland CV so as to have Denim right now. Other than that, I don;t see any advantage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes