How do I get my Lumia 535 display working again?

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
New Lumia 535 display stopped working

hi! i bought a lumia 535 yesterday, and today i was just finishing my settings (adding more languages and format) and either as a coincidence or not when i hit restart to complete a proccess, when the phone was supposed to wake up, it did but the display remained turned off. the phone is waked, i actually received some notifications, but the display stoped worked. removing and adding back the battery, or holding the volume down+lock buttons didnt solve the problem. the phone restarted with the display still turned off. now i installed nokia recovery software and im curently waiting for the software to download. what are my chances to fix my phone in this way and not being required to send it for waranty? thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
re: New Lumia 535 display stopped working

I guess 80% change that the recovery will help because it looks like your phone got "stuck" in the updating process.
If you have an SD card inserted get it out and try again.

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Lumia 535 display stopped working

i reinstalled the software from the recovery tool...twice!...with no success. also with card removed. and by the way, not only the phone is waked now but the touch also is working. i can press the lock button then swipe up and hear that unlock sound. what should i do next? send it back?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Lumia 535 display stopped working

i reinstalled the software from the recovery tool...twice!...with no success. also with card removed. and by the way, not only the phone is waked now but the touch also is working. i can press the lock button then swipe up and hear that unlock sound. what should i do next? send it back?

Yes send it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes