Nokia Lumia 830 missing LTE switch

AdamJoeOos

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!
So I have had this phone for quite a while, and it never had the LTE switch, so I thought it just might be a version of the 830 without LTE. So while I was downloading the tech preview of win10, I noticed that the update before the big win10 update made the LTE icon magically appear, and guess what, it was working and connecting to Vodacom South Africa's LTE network. Then after I installed the tech preview, it is gone again. Switch just disappeared. Do you guys think it's a setting I need to change? Or what affects the LTE option not being there?
Thanks for the help

AdamJoeOos

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope, only.way I saw 4g was with the one update before W10. I think the phone is running the wrong firmware for the country I'm in. Many African countries import their phones from other nations (example this phone was bought in Botswana, though I think firmware if from UK) whereas in South Africa the carriers here flash their firmware on the phones. So I just think ill have to wait to get my south African Lumia back again to use 4g

Andrew Wafula

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I saw another post about Indian guys experiencing the same thing. Apparently MSFT firmware for Indian Lumia 830s deliberately blocks LTE. So I guess that is what is happening here. When you do the update to Windows 10 preview, it may change the firmware to another setting that makes the LTE part visible.
So LTE support is there, it is just disabled in the firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes