Do I need Backup Assistant?

mopleez1952

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
If I'm backed up w OneDrive for my docs & pix, then i'm synced with Outlook for Calendar, Contacts, & Tasks, do I need Backup Asst? Those are all of the apps that I really care about.
phil via Nokia

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So far I haven't lost any data, but it wouldn't hurt to have a backup of a backup (lol). That being said.. You can back everything up yourself without having to depend on others to do it. The choice ultimately is up to you

Tom Krupinski

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
So is there any disadvantage to using both Backup Assistant together with One Drive and sync with Outlook for Calendar, Contacts, & Tasks?

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would say that Backup Assistant is only primarily useful for migrating from Verizon feature phones.

Problem is though, I haven't figured out a way to transfer the Backup Assistant contacts over to Outlook, does anyone know an easy way to do that?

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that, It got me started*, but it didn't work for me in Outlook 2013 because I have a Outlook.com account, so I had to find a different way:
Import contacts into an Outlook.com account

*BTW, the CSV file that the Verizon cloud makes will not work in Outlook 2013 until you open it in excel and re-save it as another CSV file (something to do with line breaks or something). (you don't need to re-save the CSV if you import into Outlook.com)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes