Back Cover Replacement

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
My back cover is starting to crack. I have had no luck finding a replacement on the web. I will probably end up calling Samsung or Verizon but don't see a thing online so far. Any ideas?

Thanks
Bill

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Called Verizon. They really tried to help me but in the end could not. I have insurance but 100 deductible. My phone is pristine, never been dropped. I use two batteries every day and I guess the back gave out just swapping batteries. Also Asurion will not guarantee you will get the same phone back as they replaced my wife’s 8X with a 928. That is OK she loves the 928.
2. I called Samsung and they said sorry they don’t have replacements. Seems sort of crazy for $600 phone.

Well I just thought I would share. I love the phone but it is something to consider if you have to swap out the battery daily.

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
just buy a dummy model from ebay like this one or the others for sale on there. i cant post links on here yet so here it is and add ebay.com to the beginning or search for "ATIV SE Dummy"

/itm/Set-of-2-Samsung-ATIV-SE-Verizon-Display-Dummy-Fake-Phone-/271782162671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f477ab0ef

i have used rear doors and front glass in the past on other phones as replacements.

door should come off and should be just like a real unit except no guts and you could always ask the seller to verify but bet it will work just fine.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for response.
I found the same thing Fletch33. I asked the seller and she said she thought the door could possibly come off but it had a sticky substance and did not push it. I ordered two and will try to get off without breaking. I will let you know.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm the dummy phone are a good source for a back cover. Suggest a little heat from heat shrink gun, too much will ruin the plastic. A thin tool as thick flat blade screw driver will bend and damage the back. Keep pressure pulling cover with occasional heat while cutting the clue/tape with thin tool. Best of luck.

Bill

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the dummy phone are a good source for a back cover. Suggest a little heat from heat shrink gun, too much will ruin the plastic. A thin tool as thick flat blade screw driver will bend and damage the back. Keep pressure pulling cover with occasional heat while cutting the clue/tape with thin tool. Best of luck.

Bill

good to hear and now if we get that Verizon confirmed by 2 of us 8.1 update today then you have a shiny new OS and new back

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck