Losing data connection on Icon with Denim

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
This happens periodically. I can't connect to Internet even if LTE is displayed on my signal bar.

Anyone else having a problem with it?

LordKyll

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have to constantly turn WI FI off then back on for it to reconnect to new WI FI spots (like work and home). If I use WI FI, then when I leave the WI FI zone, Cortana can no longer connect to the network and IE does not browse because it will not connect and I see the LTE logo also.

I was happier pre-denim.

lithos

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My first post got eaten. Long and short of it, yes, have experienced inconsistent connection of both data and wi-fi both separately and in combo, and with Bluetooth off.

Just Bubba

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm this is happening on my Icon. It is happening on my wife and coworker's Icons as well. Not sure if it started after the Denim update or with the device hub update that required a reboot.

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
My wife is losing her mind with the connection problems she is having on the Icon. The biggest problem is with Xbox Live games saying they cannot connect and for her to check her connection. At the same time, IE will pull up web pages without a problem. The problem seems worse if we have WiFi turned on, but it will also affect LTE connection.

We just got the phone replaced and it has the exact same symptoms\problems. I'm using the new HTC windows phone in the same house and am having zero connectivity problems. I'm about to trade phones with her to see if it is an issue with her account (somehow? Doesn't make sense) - But seeing this thread makes me think it is simply a problem with Denim on the Icon. Which really sucks.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me about 5-10 times now from going to Denim. I remember this problem happening Pre-Dev preview...It was addressed by a Verizon update and seemed to fix it but, it's back with Denim.

The only problem with this and it's pretty huge, is I look over my phone's tiles to see if I have new messages (email, texts, etc), I see no email I drop my phone in my pocket, it could be hours before I notice this problem. This is a MAJOR problem because the phone does not notify you that there is no internet. I could be missing some time sensitive emails and it could be more than just a little issue, it could possibly cause my job.

Yes,a reboot fixes it but, Needing to reboot is unacceptable...

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my icon recently and thought I had denim(said I did but the build number didn't match up). My data speeds were inconsistent but I always had data. I used the recovery tool to get denim and my phone has no data connection more often than it can transmit and receive. Lumia camera is cool though ( ^_^).

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I, too, have had this happen, but only 3 times. Between this and the red screen, I have considered going back to Black and PFD 8.1.1. Sad.

~Ex

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me every time I leave a WiFi hotspot. The ONLY thing that fixes it for me is a reboot. Really a pain to have to reboot every time I leave my house or work.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine does it from time to time, and reboot fixes it. Most annoying is when I'm using it as a hot spot and it stops working; I have an iPad on the same Verizon account that never drops out on me, so I often use it instead. I'm hoping Win10 will fix this, but you never know.

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My phone also does this when leaving WiFi. Sometimes switching Airplane Mode on and then off will fix it, but usually it requires a reset....very annoying.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 icons....one running 8.1 and one on 10. I do not have a problem going from data to wifi. I am wondering if it is because I have the setting in WiFi to automatically connect to my home and work wifi only? I dont allow it to connect to any other source unless I manually allow it.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that when I travel, it will continue to say that I'm connected to LTE, but I have no data connection. I don't know if it has a problem switching towers or what exactly is the problem, but I don't see it in my normal day-to-day use.

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Confirmed on my Icon as well, an extremely annoying bug.
Whenever I arrive at a location that I've previously connected to (i.e. Work, Home, Coffee shop), my wi-fi will not recognize it as a previously authorized connection point. Furthermore, the known wi-fi connections points won't show up in the list of available connection points...including other available connections in the area that I haven't connected to.

only by powering my phone off, then back on, will the connection be re-established.

As a developer, this smells entirely of a software bug as the hardware performs great when it does connect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes