New firmware version

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
alexander0311 said:
lol. i had the same problem on my 535 and send it for replacement. they found that there was a problem with SoC. and ofc they granted me the replacement not the repair. I heard of this issue about other lumias too. but i can see that 535 has it A LOT MORE OFTEN....whats wrong with this device? :/

Hmm. My 535 was received on the 4th of March by the main (and only) repair center of Nokia in France. They "repaired it" on the 5th and is now tagged as shipped on the 6th.

Could be a replacement, or not. What I know at this stage is the IMEI has changed. I had a 357xxxxxxxx serie, it seems to be a 358xxxxxxxxx now.

I hope it means they changed the motherboard, or got a "newer" 535 without or with less HW issues. I'll have the 535 in my hands next week I presume.

Was your IMEI incremented the same way?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I haven't got my 535 back from the care, I've just seen it was shipped and that IMEI had changed on the repair centre website.

I'll report any changes (hw and sw) here when I have it in hands.

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
The new firmware has improved the touch sensitivity of my phone. but not quite. While texting, when I press the backspace button, letter V is pressed. It keeps on doing that.

thljcl

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what is wrong. I have no such issues even before this update. Technically, it is not yet available in my region. I used Lumia Recovery Software Tool to install it.

vishal308

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Why don't Microsoft believe it is a hardware problem. I and my frnd bought the phone manufactured in November we both are facing the same problem and now my other frnd bought Lumia 535 manufactured in December and it is working smoothly no problem at all.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Because as you said, it's a mix. My 535, before its blank screen issue (which is not related to the "mainstream" bug of touchscreen), had no "ghost typing", etc. Sometimes, it missed when I typed, sometimes, it clicked instead of scrolling, but every once in a while, and never to the point to get frustrated.

I believe that a SW fix was enough for my device. But for the first batch, which may have OTHER issues, like the keyboard having a life of its own, only a return to a Nokia Care will do it according to me. And as it's not systematic, Microsoft have not called ALL 535 back.

I hope my repaired 535 or swap device is not buggy ; my original one was OK, I'll discover it today or tomorrow.

stelios70

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So I have Lumia 535 over a month and I am very disappointed.Yesterday I installed 2060.... Firmware but I still have very annoying touch issues and wifi problems.Is this hardware or software problem?Should I wait for a fix or talk with repair center?
Thx

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
indeed. multitouch still not perfect, but improved, auto brightness still screwed but not flickering anymore, scrolling and extra sensivity and over touch quality improved....but keyboard though.....its SO bad.display per total already has a problem with miss taps, especially in its lower segment, which ofc it makes typing harder. but keyboard particulary....miss taps, double taps, and sometimes, wrong letters (i instead of o, per example), or ghost letters(h insteat of space, per example, or just adding another letter without pressing after finishing your text)

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I was called from Nokia care he told me he has installed latest software and handed my the phone while working i found the same problem again as the software i installed from recovery was the latest one. They said they will change the touch screen if i insist but it wont solve the problem. I insist on change the touch panel and given phone back to them
I will post the result here.

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I was called from Nokia care he told me he has installed latest software and handed my the phone while working i found the same problem again as the software i installed from recovery was the latest one. They said they will change the touch screen if i insist but it wont solve the problem. I insist on change the touch panel and given phone back to them
I will post the result here.

oh. what hell of a hardware problem related to touch it is then if it wont be solved by changing the touch?

kean5326

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone knows how I can flash the lumia 535 to change the product code and install a Country variant ROM cuz NCS doesn't detect the phone and WPRT & LSRT only reinstall the same rom and i wanna get rid of my operator's personalization... Please help.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes