Extend Toast Notification Popup Display Time & Access List of Old Notifications

Phanes Erichthoneus

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I love the Toast notifications on my Icon, which has Windows 8.1 through Verizon. The only problem is that they only display for a few seconds and they usually vanish before I can get to the phone to see what the notification was, and as far as I can tell, there's no way to pull up a list of old notifications. So I'm wondering if there's any way to make these notifications display longer. Right now, they seem to be about five seconds and they're gone. I'd like to extend that to at least ten seconds. And is there any way to pull up a list of old notifications so I can see what I might have missed when I was away from my phone?

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I love the Toast notifications on my Icon, which has Windows 8.1 through Verizon. The only problem is that they only display for a few seconds and they usually vanish before I can get to the phone to see what the notification was, and as far as I can tell, there's no way to pull up a list of old notifications. So I'm wondering if there's any way to make these notifications display longer. Right now, they seem to be about five seconds and they're gone. I'd like to extend that to at least ten seconds. And is there any way to pull up a list of old notifications so I can see what I might have missed when I was away from my phone?

But isnt this why we have an action center ? All of the misses notifications go there. But the ability to extend the notification timer would be a mice addition but for me i find them to be adequate and sometimes their length annoys me too, especially when watching a movie or something and it takes up precious real estate on my phone.

Phanes Erichthoneus

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Ah!! My phone only recently got the 8.1 update, like in the last few weeks. I didn't know about this swipe-down-from-the-top action center. This is wonderful and I think it'll work. Thanks for the tip. I had to search Google to find out where to access the action center. :)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ah!! My phone only recently got the 8.1 update, like in the last few weeks. I didn't know about this swipe-down-from-the-top action center. This is wonderful and I think it'll work. Thanks for the tip. I had to search Google to find out where to access the action center. :)

No prob man. But you should watch a YouTube video or something and find the neat hidden featured of 8.1 and awesome that you're rocking an icon ! Just recently sold mine to get a 930 !

xibartx

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
there is a ton of info about WP8.1 if you slide over to the Windows Phone 8.1 forum on this site....how-to's, youtubes,etc.....worth checking out I'd say

Phanes Erichthoneus

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
No prob man. But you should watch a YouTube video or something and find the neat hidden featured of 8.1 and awesome that you're rocking an icon ! Just recently sold mine to get a 930 !

I love this phone. Of course, I moved up from an LG env3. lol Anything was an improvement over that, but I already knew by my friend's phone that I didn't want an iPhone, and I didn't want an Android because it just looked bland. I've loved every interaction with my Icon...except the one time it bricked and I had to eat up half my satellite allowance downloading some software to unbrick it.

I don't like the fact that some apps are just not available, but I still voted for what I wanted by getting a Windows Phone, knowing what I was in store for. I still haven't regretted getting it.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone. Of course, I moved up from an LG env3. lol Anything was an improvement over that, but I already knew by my friend's phone that I didn't want an iPhone, and I didn't want an Android because it just looked bland. I've loved every interaction with my Icon...except the one time it bricked and I had to eat up half my satellite allowance downloading some software to unbrick it.

I don't like the fact that some apps are just not available, but I still voted for what I wanted by getting a Windows Phone, knowing what I was in store for. I still haven't regretted getting it.
I know what you mean about the apps. It gets frustrating sometimes but hopefully something good happens soon for us in terms of apps. The icon is an amazing device, just wish it wasn't as heavy and thick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon