ATIV SE 8.1 Not charging. Any ideas?

halcyonwave

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I finally got 8.1 onto my wife's Ative SE thanks to Jeemo's guide for getting rid of Preview for Developers. After running it for about a week the phone quit holding a charge. At first it just stayed at 3% while hooked up to a charger, after about a day of this it started looping from power up to shutting down. I tried keeping the phone in airplane mode to minimize power usage. I tried a different charger and cable. Both 2A. I tried taking out the battery and looking in the micro USB port for debris. Finally I decided to try charging it in download mode (power up while holding and the volume up and windows button). I was able to get a full charge in download mode, but it is an annoying solution -- plus I wonder if over time the static screen image might burn in. Any ideas on what might be causing this or how to fix it? Thanks.

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My best guess it's something wrong with the charging port. Most phone fix shops can fix that, if it's the problem. You can always pick up a battery charger and spare and charge that way.

arct1cblu3

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I just bought this device but came with generic wall charger, if you have the oem charger can you tell me if its 1.0 or 2.0A output.

Thanks.

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I love the spare batteries on Amazon. I got a pair of replacement batteries with almost double the capacity for something like $25 bucks with a wall charger and I just go that way. My port isn't broken, it's just more convenient for me. I use charging via the USB as a backup and the wall charger will charge your original battery too!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes