New lock feature in GDR2!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks,
While playing with Settings menu, just discovered that screen can now be locked by double tapping the onscreen navigation bar. This setting can be enabled from Navigation bar setting. So far I know, this feature was unavailable till update1. Another advantage for devices with onscreen navigation bar:)

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks,
While playing with Settings menu, just discovered that screen can now be locked by double tapping the onscreen navigation bar. This setting can be enabled from Navigation bar setting. So far I know, this feature was unavailable till update1. Another advantage for devices with onscreen navigation bar:)

any bugs you have faced yet using the gdr2??

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
any bugs you have faced yet using the gdr2??
I am using Lumia 730. Once the Install,got completed, the phone just got rebooted once and everything seems very smooth and neat.
1. All apps instead of arrow
2. Settings revamped
3. Lock the screen by double tapping navigation bar
4. Edit your device name from about option from settings.

Bugs

1. Word selection seems less accurate.
2. While ttyping, word suggestions won't come all the time

Mayukh22

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I'm sorry if I missed something. But are you running update 2 on Lumia 730? If so, how did you get it ?? Developer Preview ??

Mayukh22

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I am using Lumia 730. Once the Install,got completed, the phone just got rebooted once and everything seems very smooth and neat.
2. Settings revamped

Bugs

How did you get Update 2 on Lumia 730 ?

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I used windows insider and installed the first update, which is update 2. If u don't want w10 TP , u can ignore the update and stay in update 2
There are no setting as such. When ur phone installs the first update, look at the build number and check in the articles for the update 2 build. If its the one u r getting then get it done. Before u hit the install,button, u will be able to check the build details from 'phone update ' page. Make sure and take the risk and go ahead.,after all,its a technical preview

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
2. Settings revamped

Bugs

I don't see such bugs at all. You may need to check keyboard settings such as suggestions etc.

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I just updated to Gdr2 its pretty smooth but there are serious bugs in this version
Notification sounds are disabled automatically sometimes
People hub takes loads of time to open
Whn someone calls sound is mute.. Have yo restart the phone then works but again sometimes the sound is completely mute

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Supposedly they fixed the GDR2 update glitch. I can't blame them...My 1520 randomly black screens, photo app is so slow, and sometimes my phone is muted. Odd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas