[L640] It's finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I give up for this week at least. Tried 3 local Walmarts. Managed to get an associate at the 3rd one who offered to check other stores further afield. None had any. He said they were scheduled to get ONE within the next week (Which of course could mean the 20th). I guess they can't be expecting a floodgate of pent up demand then lol Will probably try at the weekend to see if the 20th was the magic number.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to do anything to get the free shipping? I didn't see an option anywhere to select free shipping. I even went through the entire process to see if there was a way to get it at the end, but no luck. I was trying to use my jump.

Yes. I knew that it was going to be an issue. So I called them the first thing in the morning and spoke to a rep. I said that I was trying to use my jump upgrade to get this device, and since it was just released today exclusively online with the clear header reading "free overnight shipping for Father's Day", that I wanted the $24.50 overnight shipping to be credited to my account, since there was no option for a promo code, and it didn't say anything about being be new lines, service, etc. They had no issue crediting it to me for both my line and my wife's. Then I went ahead and ordered them and noticed the $50 credit on my account to balance it out.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Pro tip: use the Walmart app.. It's faster than calling

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Just out of curiousity, I checked, and it specifically said that the first Wally I went to (and bought the only one) was out of stock (which is correct) but said that the 2nd store was in stock and I had someone there check (yesterday AND today) and neither could find one. Now, there is a high possibility that the employees looked in the wrong place and/or don't know where to look. Either way though, if none of their employees can find it, for all intents and purposes it may as well not exist...

dashauns

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Just picked one up at a local Walmart in North Jersey, Ii walked into the store about to get a 435 to use and return when my tmobile ordered 640 arrived on Monday. I walk to the back they are unpacking a guy opens the last padded envelope on the desk and pulls out 2 lumia 640s. Guess Ill have 2 come Monday lol.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiousity, I checked, and it specifically said that the first Wally I went to (and bought the only one) was out of stock (which is correct) but said that the 2nd store was in stock and I had someone there check (yesterday AND today) and neither could find one. Now, there is a high possibility that the employees looked in the wrong place and/or don't know where to look. Either way though, if none of their employees can find it, for all intents and purposes it may as well not exist...

I don't see it even listed on their website to check stock yet, so not sure it can be relied upon this early in the game.

PretzelLogix

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Called around to a bunch of the local Walmarts and asked for the "Electronics" dept. The smaller Walmarts didn't have any, but the "Super" Walmart 20 miles away got 4 or 5 in stock. I think I was the 2nd person to come pick one up as there were still 3 left on the rack when I left.

The stock color for the cover appears to be White. No other options as far as I could tell. I took a picture thru my car window and could see the white cover reflected in the window. I think I'm going to have to get a black cover for this phone instead...

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't see it even listed on their website to check stock yet, so not sure it can be relied upon this early in the game.

Their android app is a different animal than their website. I routinely use it to check pricing variances from store to store (especially Lego $ for the kiddos, amazing how they vary drastically). It's always more reliable than their website, for whatever reason.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I went to two Walmart's, luckily the 2nd one had three at the T-Mobile pre paid display. the store clerks are clueless as to finding these phones. Love the phone especially for $ 99.00 took it to my T-Mobile store and they windows phone fans and set it up for me, although I could have easily done it myself from upgrading a Lumia 521. Got a free LG 8" tablet for the wife at the T-Mobile store while I was there.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Its embarrassing for Tmobile to sell this online only. I had to order today and have it overnight ship. I hate waiting specially when its something I really REALLY want. I paid 30 bucks for an overnight and hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. Basically this phone is $150 for me. GOOD JOB TMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation from T-Mobile yet? Retail sales told me they were in stock so I ordered one with the free overnight shipping. This has been such a frustrating roll out I'll believe it when I actually receive it.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation from T-Mobile yet?

I ordered mine online about 12:30 p.m. PDT. No confirmation yet. I want to say that previously (when I ordered my M8 online) their shipping notices aren't real time. I expect to get mine before I actually get a shipping notice.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Both of mine shipped out of Kentucky at 3am and arrived in Newark, New Jersey by 4:30am. Expected delivery prior to 3pm. Can't wait!

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Grabbed the last one at my local Walmart. So far it is as good if not better than my 925. Only gripe is there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the extra tile row.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Both of mine shipped out of Kentucky at 3am and arrived in Newark, New Jersey by 4:30am. Expected delivery prior to 3pm. Can't wait!

You're lucky! I got a text message this a.m. telling me I'll "receive a text message with your tracking # once we receive inventory and your payment processes", which I'm assuming means it's backordered. This after ordering by 12:45 p.m. yesterday. Oh, well, at least your suggestion helped me get the $24.99 for overnight shipping credited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon