06-21-2015 07:48 PM
274 ... 91011
tools
    can now order it from walmart.com with instore pickup.

3 of the 5 walmarts in my area have it available for pickup today. my closest walmart is out of stock (lol, that might be because I bought the last one they had a couple days ago)
    06-19-2015 03:48 PM
    The images my wife has taken so far using the camera on this phone are pretty amazing considering it's price.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2015 05:33 PM
    Got 4. Apparently you can only buy 2 on-line from any Walmart account so I bought 2 and my wife bought 2. I already picked up my pair.

3 are gifts; the 4th will replace or be backup to my wife's 925 after she compares them.
    libra89, Guytronic and ectobs like this.
    06-19-2015 06:16 PM
    Managed to disable the notifications finally on my wife's Lumia so I decided to purchase a second one for myself. I figure at $99 if Microsoft decided to give up on Windows phone it's not a big loss, but with Windows 10 coming and the changes afoot I figure they're not giving up on it for a good while yet. Anyway I do like the Camera.
    06-19-2015 10:00 PM
    06-19-2015 10:10 PM
    I finally found one
    When I went to purchase mine, I went back to the same Walmart and they still had the other three left, because they were still not on the hanger yet lol
    Guytronic and ectobs like this.
    06-19-2015 10:13 PM
    When I went to purchase mine, I went back to the same Walmart and they still had the other three left, because they were still not on the hanger yet lol
    My story:
    Went to 3 WalMarts yesterday since I was coming back from the airport.
    Hangers were out at 2 stores the clerks didn't try very hard to find out much.
    Went a 3rd store no one around...couldn't find help so I left.

Tried 3 stores today...
    One store tried a little bit and failed so I left.
    Another larger store tried after I brought them the card...the clerks there started arguing with each other about shelf stock, bin stock blah, blah so I left.
    I ended up going to Home Depot for a few items and moseyed over to WalMart next door for grins.
    This store which is very close to us had 10 boxes in their anti-theft display.
    The nice helpful lady got one out and said here ya go...$108.00 bucks later here I am.
    HoosierDaddy, libra89 and ectobs like this.
    06-19-2015 10:25 PM
    My story:
    Went to 3 WalMarts yesterday since I was coming back from the airport.
    Hangers were out at 2 stores the clerks didn't try very hard to find out much.
    Went a 3rd store no one around...couldn't find help so I left.

Tried 3 stores today...
    One store tried a little bit and failed so I left.
    Another larger store tried after I brought them the card...the clerks there started arguing with each other about shelf stock, bin stock blah, blah so I left.
    I ended up going to Home Depot for a few items and moseyed over to WalMart next door for grins.
    This store which is very close to us had 10 boxes in their anti-theft display.
    The nice helpful lady got one out and said here ya go...$108.00 bucks later here I am.
    It's kind of odd which ones have them and which ones don't. In my case, none of the usual suspects had them in stock, but a new Walmart that hadn't long been built did.
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-19-2015 10:35 PM
    It's kind of odd which ones have them and which ones don't. In my case, none of the usual suspects had them in stock, but a new Walmart that hadn't long been built did.
    I agree...
    Clueless here why things go the way they do.
    I think all WalMarts have probably had these phones kicking around on a shelf somewhere for a few days.
    Depends on who's working there and whether they care or not.

So glad I didn't pay a lot for this or have to wait for it with an on-line order.
    06-19-2015 10:47 PM
    I agree...
    Clueless here why things go the way they do.
    I think all WalMarts have probably had these phones kicking around on a shelf somewhere for a few days.
    Depends on who's working there and whether they care or not.

So glad I didn't pay a lot for this or have to wait for it with an on-line order.
    To be honest the reason I have come back to the Windows Phone fold, is that I couldn't really find a decent Android Phone I liked in this price range and I wasn't about to spend several hundred dollars for one just to fix a few shortcomings. The LG Leon I was looking at, didn't even have Autofocus, when my older F3 does. This phone seems to fix all the faults I had with the 521, so we'll just see how it goes actually living with the 640 :)
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-19-2015 10:53 PM
    Managed to disable the notifications finally on my wife's Lumia so I decided to purchase a second one for myself. I figure at $99 if Microsoft decided to give up on Windows phone it's not a big loss, but with Windows 10 coming and the changes afoot I figure they're not giving up on it for a good while yet. Anyway I do like the Camera.
    It worked, I take it? If so, you're welcome.
    06-19-2015 11:18 PM
    It worked, I take it? If so, you're welcome.
    Well obviously it did if I said that I managed to disable the notifications. Thanks :)

Second question, do you know why my contacts in my online account are not syncing to my phone? I have forced a manual sync under email+accounts but so far nothing has come across.
    06-19-2015 11:38 PM
    Just giving you a hard time, glad it worked.
    06-19-2015 11:40 PM
    Just giving you a hard time, glad it worked.
    No problem. If I can at least get my contacts over, then I can begin actually using it as a phone lol
    06-19-2015 11:45 PM
    No problem. If I can at least get my contacts over, then I can begin actually using it as a phone lol
    Never mind, I thought that since the Google connected contacts appeared online in my People App, they also sync to the phone. A light bulb went off and I realized I have to add the Google account separately on my phone too and they have to be tagged as "My Contacts". I'm now good to go.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2015 12:04 AM
    I finally found one
    ahh congrats.. i had noticed you were having problems finding one :)
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-20-2015 12:25 AM
    This thread has gone from grumblings to rejoicing. How excellent. I'm loving getting to know this steal of a device. I just mailed back my JUMP upgrade iPhones! Here's to saving $80 extra a month.

Anyone have any questions, feel free to message me.
    06-20-2015 07:02 AM
    To all the waiting fans in the US, the 640 is not good handworked, the backside is wobbly and fits not 100%. I had 2 of them at home, and checked them also in a megastore. So don't be das.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A300FU mit Tapatalk
    06-20-2015 11:46 AM
    To all the waiting fans in the US, the 640 is not good handworked, the backside is wobbly and fits not 100%. I had 2 of them at home, and checked them also in a megastore. So don't be das.
    Don't confuse a company having a different objective than you as being not good. The back cover is a soft material by design which definitely will dissipate impacts better. In this phone the back is not structural. I'm perfectly fine with it being this way with all four that I bought.
    06-20-2015 01:00 PM
    Don't confuse a company having a different objective than you as being not good. The back cover is a soft material by design which definitely will dissipate impacts better. In this phone the back is not structural. I'm perfectly fine with it being this way with all four that I bought.
    Not sure what he is meaning here as my two fit pretty snug. Seems to be pretty well made to me. I also never had any issues with my Nokia 521.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    06-20-2015 03:49 PM
    To all the waiting fans in the US, the 640 is not good handworked, the backside is wobbly and fits not 100%.
    Mine is not wobbly at all and fits perfectly. Feels great in my hand, although it's a bit slick. Maybe you got early versions or just have bad luck.
    06-20-2015 04:42 PM
    Mine is not wobbly at all and fits perfectly. Feels great in my hand, although it's a bit slick. Maybe you got early versions or just have bad luck.
    Mine is fine too, the back plate fits in securely and with no issues.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2015 06:27 PM
    I have no issues with the two that I have.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2015 06:52 PM
    So far we're loving this phone. Today though, I came across another reason why Windows Phone is finding a hard time making inroads.

Since the camera is so good my wife wanted to print out a particular photo she took today via the FujiFilm Kiosk in Walmart. Like many in this digital age we rarely make physical prints, and at first I thought no problem just Bluetooth it across and we're done right? Well things have obviously changed since we last did this as the Bluetooth ability has gone now and you're left with USB and WiFi. Ok no problem I think, only neither of them will work since it asks that you download either an Android or iOS app first. So much for a universal device world. Of course there are other ways to get photos printed from your phone but this is just one more convenience that has been locked down to particular devices.
    06-21-2015 07:48 PM
274 ... 91011