[L640] It's finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems it would be better to wait and buy it in Walmart since there are two advantages I can think of. 1) The price is lower obviously and 2) you don't have to deal with T-Mobile trying to sneak things onto your monthly plan like JUMP!

mammbo3

May 13, 2015
Visit site
It seems it would be better to wait and buy it in Walmart since there are two advantages I can think of. 1) The price is lower obviously and 2) you don't have to deal with T-Mobile trying to sneak things onto your monthly plan like JUMP!

As long as the Walmart version has WiFi Calling.

I just called my local Ohio Valley Walmart and they have one behind the counter. Picking it up soon!

Brian Maher1

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I to upgrade through the website - no. Then I tried chat - no. They directed me to call 1-800-866-2453 and that rep said they were out of stock and would probably get more in 4-5 days. T-mobile just doesn't want me as a customer :(

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
As long as the Walmart version has WiFi Calling.

I just called my local Ohio Valley Walmart and they have one behind the counter. Picking it up soon!

there is no "walmart version".. walmart sells the "t-mobile version"
its the same sub-model as the one you can buy direct from t-mobile. that included wifi calling.

i also bought one at my local walmart. it was the last/only one on the shelf (in Duluth, GA)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Phone now available online at T-Mobile for $129.84, free overnight shipping:

Microsoft Lumia 640 Windows Phone | Lumia 640 | T-Mobile

Personally, I'm still hoping to save the $30 by getting it at Walmart.
I'm really debating on that $30, because 30 is significant. The Walmart in my area isn't very reliable in telling me information, without me going there for myself. Today, there were none. I wouldn't be pleased if I went there again and there was none.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear this. I was able to upgrade on their website with free over night shipping this morning. The online chat people don't know what they are doing. I tried to have one do something simple and they screwed up. None of the local stores have any so you can't do it that way (T-Mobile Stores). Out of stock? I don't even know what to say with that one.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm really debating on that $30, because 30 is significant. The Walmart in my area isn't very reliable in telling me information, without me going there for myself. Today, there were none. I wouldn't be pleased if I went there again and there was none.
Since you've waited all this time (even if involuntarily lol), surely it's worth waiting another few days to get it $30 cheaper? After all, as you said, that's not insignificant plus it's the exact same phone.

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Found one at a Walmart in DC today! You may have luck doing what I did, call a bunch of Walmarts and see if any have them in stock. The one I bought from had 10, though by the time I got there they were down to 2.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Since you've waited all this time (even if involuntarily lol), surely it's worth waiting another few days to get it $30 cheaper? After all, as you said, that's not insignificant plus it's the exact same phone.
You're right. It seems like I have no choice since it's out of stock by phone, and only new lines can buy it online right now. I could always go to a T-mobile store too, I guess. I'm just scared of a rep who doesn't know anything.

comicalmoodydan

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm close to two Walmart's. I called one and they had none but the other one said they had one but they wouldn't hold it since it was the last one. So I quickly ran to Walmart and they still had it! Setting up my new 640 at the moment. ::smile:

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Darn- I just tried to order one from T-Mobile, but couldn't. When I log in to my account, the 640 isn't an option. The customer care rep tried really hard to get me one, but said they weren't in inventory yet. My local Walmart doesn't have them either. I can only hope the Walmart 20th launch date applies to all stores.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Found one at a Walmart in DC today! You may have luck doing what I did, call a bunch of Walmarts and see if any have them in stock. The one I bought from had 10, though by the time I got there they were down to 2.
You're a savior! I did just that, I don't remember how many Walmarts I called, but one of them had 1 left and I got it! It was worth the little road trip that it was of driving for about an hour and some.

@Eric J F - From what I see, Walmart even varies with different locations, I guess. At the first one I tried today, there was no sign of the 20th, just a hanger and I was told that none was left. In the same state, I picked up one today (in a different location).

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Libra89: Thanks for the response. We don't have the luxury of other nearby Walmarts. The next nearest ones are about an hour and a half away, then another hour. I'll try to learn patience!

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear this. I was able to upgrade on their website with free over night shipping this morning.

Did you have to do anything to get the free shipping? I didn't see an option anywhere to select free shipping. I even went through the entire process to see if there was a way to get it at the end, but no luck. I was trying to use my jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen