[L640] It's finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Still patiently waiting anything to get off this 635 terrible camera, no front camera, and 512 Mb ram I'm even almost tempted to buy a 435

Last edited:

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply chris,

According to http://www.windowscentral.com/micro...e=related&utm_medium=module&utm_campaign=next

"Unlocked and regional variants of the both devices should begin to see an update waiting for them on Microsoft's servers. The OS gets bumped to version 15148, which is a rather large jump from the current 15127 found on many Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XLs. The firmware is updated to version 15184.36xxx."

For what it's worth :)

chris41336

May 27, 2012
Visit site
It looks like I am at 15103, which is even further back than 15127 listed there. Anyone know what the deal is with that? Maybe since,Tmobile isn't detecting any updates its a network thing?

Mrallen34

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Saw the hang tag in my Walmart on Sunday, asked the guy there if they actually had them. He scanned the upc and told me they did not have them, but they should be in by the 12th. Don't know if they will put them out then, but that would seem to support a launch by the 15th.

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
If I plan to use this phone on a tmobile mvno can I just buy it and walk out or do I have to buy a tmobile sim card to activate it first?

siggi200

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
so basically we have still no idea when the ATT version will come out, right ?
Also we dont know if the t-mobile version will be compatible to the ATT sim card, right ?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Went into Carphone Warehouse today, the 640 is a great looking device. Around ?109 - ?129 sim free. MS really needs to sort out tho rollout business when the Talkman and Cityman rock up.

Why is there such a hold up in US?

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
so basically we have still no idea when the ATT version will come out, right ?
Also we dont know if the t-mobile version will be compatible to the ATT sim card, right ?

I think you can assume that the t-mobile version will be SIM-locked to t-mobile at time of purchase. If you manage to get an unlock code, then it should work fine with ATT.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
If I plan to use this phone on a tmobile mvno can I just buy it and walk out or do I have to buy a tmobile sim card to activate it first?

If you already have a t-mobile (or tmobile-compatible mvno) SIM then you should be able to just buy the phone, put in your SIM and live happily ever after. I've had several international unlocked phones on t-mobile and I've never had to do anything to "activate" them on my account. I've just plopped in the SIM and that's it...though admittedly it's not quite apples-to-apples since I'm a post-paid account.

siggi200

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I think you can assume that the t-mobile version will be SIM-locked to t-mobile at time of purchase. If you manage to get an unlock code, then it should work fine with ATT.

Exactly -- since I have never done that... do you can do some "buyout unlock code" ? or do you have to wait for x-months to get it ?!

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Cool hopefully in the future there will be a way to debrand this to get the final version of Windows 10 when it launches. I have zero faith in T-mobile releasing timely updates after this mess.

evilcart

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I gave up waiting. I am buying an android phone not because I want to, but because every time I need to get a phone for my family the windows world is not up to date and too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes