Screenshot

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bought this phone for my daughter. It is so easy to accidentally perform a screenshot. It's annoying and I just had to mention it. Otherwise, a good phone and the fact that it could take a Micro SD makes me jealous since my L920 can't.

BTW, it looks like it comes with a screen protector preinstalled. Has anyone actually removed it and what is the durability of the unprotected screen?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Depends on how you will be using the device. The screen doesn't have a special glass to protect it from superficial scratches, so the best thing to do would be to keep the screen protector on or get a new one :)

All in all, it depends on your usage

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
According to the Windows Central review for the BLU Win JR, the phone does come with a screen protector pre-installed. Also, from the review of the HD version and presuming that the JR has at most the same materials as the HD version, the screen is not Gorilla Glass. Seems logical to have a screen-protector pre-installed, then. Since the screen is not Gorilla Glass (nor is it some derivative of synthetic sapphire, otherwise the phone would be a lot more expensive) and with the fact that the manufacturer pre-installed a screen protector on the screen, it seems that we can't expect a lot of durability from the screen.

It should get scratched by sand, keys, coins and other hard objects when kept unprotected inside a pocket, a purse or a bag. Also, since Gorilla Glass eventually gets scratches, the screen of the BLU Win JR will also get scratches but a lot faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon