Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

hey guys. I am getting issue with my glance that i can't set MSN Weather or MSN health & fitness in my glance screen.... any idea about it?

as per my knowledge glnce screen can do it... or am i going in wrong direction?
    04-22-2015 08:49 AM
    Have you set them (any of those two apps) also as the lock screen provider?
    04-22-2015 12:56 PM
    That's the thing from where problem start... I cant set it as lock screen too...
    04-23-2015 05:03 AM
    How come?

Doesn't Settings > lock screen > set "Weather" (that is Microsoft's Weather app) as the "Background" work?

How about launching Weather (Microsoft's Weather), going to the app settings, tapping on "Lock Screen Settings" (which will bring you to the same page as in the second option)?
    04-23-2015 07:36 AM
    As of now the Lumia 640 and 640 XL doesn't support the latest version of glance screen settings, which enables this feature.
    Rikin Vaghani likes this.
    04-23-2015 07:41 AM
    As of now the Lumia 640 and 640 XL doesn't support the latest version of glance screen settings, which enables this feature.
    It does work, there are posts from folks for whom it has been working out of the box. It's more of a software glitch but the functionality does exist.

OP: Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling back to the phone memory (if it's not on phone memory already)?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-23-2015 07:53 AM
    Set your lock-screen background as Weather.
    04-23-2015 07:56 AM
    This is a known fact. The reason is the limitation of the memory or screen tech used in :640XL. The Glance feature can only display time and notification not the application.
    04-23-2015 08:55 AM
    http://www.windowscentral.com/micros..._campaign=nexthttp://www.windowscentral.com/micros..._campaign=nexthttp://www.windowscentral.com/micros..._campaign=next
    How come?

Doesn't Settings > lock screen > set "Weather" (that is Microsoft's Weather app) as the "Background" work?

How about launching Weather (Microsoft's Weather), going to the app settings, tapping on "Lock Screen Settings" (which will bring you to the
    same page as in the second option)?
    My mistake... I can see weather in lockscreen but cant see same in Glance....Latest version of glance can do that..

This is a known fact. The reason is the limitation of the memory or screen tech used in :640XL. The Glance feature can only display time and notification not the application.
    new update of glance screen can do that here is the link...Microsoft releases a substantial update for Glance Screen on Lumia Windows Phones | Windows Central

Set your lock-screen background as Weather.
    Showing weather in lock screen but not in glance...

It does work, there are posts from folks for whom it has been working out of the box. It's more of a software glitch but the functionality does exist.

OP: Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling back to the phone memory (if it's not on phone memory already)?
    It is already at phone memory... But u can still set as background photo even if it is on SD card. (tried personally)

thanks for answer... I m thinking same.... at first day i was shocked that is my phone is faulty.... but after googling and you-tubing i m 70% sure that it is not released for 640 XL yet..
    Last edited by Guytronic; 04-23-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-23-2015 08:59 AM
    It is already at phone memory... But u can still set as background photo even if it is on SD card. (tried personally)
    It has issues with Glance when installed on external memory (from forums)
    04-23-2015 09:18 AM
    It has issues with Glance when installed on external memory (from forums)
    mine one is in phone memory.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-23-2015 12:18 PM
    Showing weather in lock screen but not in glance...
    Turn on the location services from Weather app... Try it or wait for the glance update.
    04-23-2015 01:35 PM
    Turn on the location services from Weather app... Try it or wait for the glance update.
    location service is already on... and yeap will surely wait for update (actually that is one and only way...) hehheheh
    04-23-2015 03:51 PM
    Hi, I just want to let you know I am in the same boat as you are.. I can't get it to work and its frustrating the hell out of me. One thing that hadn't been said ( and might be my own particular case) is when Weather is set as the lockscreen, all I get is the generic sunshine wallpaper that the app usually shows. I get no information at all.
    In the past I have used this feature and it worked flawlessly, but it has been a few months since I have used glance...
    04-23-2015 10:12 PM
    Hi, I just want to let you know I am in the same boat as you are.. I can't get it to work and its frustrating the hell out of me. One thing that hadn't been said ( and might be my own particular case) is when Weather is set as the lockscreen, all I get is the generic sunshine wallpaper that the app usually shows. I get no information at all.
    In the past I have used this feature and it worked flawlessly, but it has been a few months since I have used glance...
    Yea microsoft must release pending glance update as they hide this thing from the buyers of 640 XL
    04-24-2015 03:12 AM
    Any one is able to do as i described?
    04-28-2015 04:01 AM
    Same here, not working.
    05-07-2015 11:44 AM
    640 here with same problem, glance screen will only display the date, time and basic content, the option to select detailed content is missing from glance screen settings, when comparing to my nokia 620 that option is there and i can select detailed content weather etc.
    I can only assume Microsoft has disabled the option due to hardware limitations on the 640 640xl

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    06-30-2015 04:17 AM