Why does my computer see my phone as a camera?

dgorny23

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Computer see's phone as a camera

I have an older Dell computer with Windows XP. Professional SP3. When I plug my Lumia Icon into the computer it recognizes it as a camera. I would like to plug the phone into the computer to put music on the phone, how can I get the computer to see it as a phone, or storage device rather than a camera? I have an older Android phone that I can plug in and have it recognize as a phone/storage device. Thanks in advance!

dgorny23

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Computer see's phone as a camera

Unfortunately a new computer is not in the budget right now. I know XP is old but why am I screwed? Im in the middle of things now, Installing .net framwork 4

*Ok, I get it now :(

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately a new computer is not in the budget right now. I know XP is old but why am I screwed? Im in the middle of things now, Installing .net framwork 4

*Ok, I get it now :(

How's the specs? Might be able to take 7 or 8.x. I've got Vista and other XP hardware still kicking so the most you may need is an upgrade depending.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

How's the specs? Might be able to take 7 or 8.x. I've got Vista and other XP hardware still kicking so the most you may need is an upgrade depending.

its is a dimesnsion e510

It'll run Win 7 or 8.1 with no worries. I have a Dell Studio 540 that is over 6 years old running Win 8.1. I replaced it as my main desktop a month ago, but my daughter still uses it for websites that her school uses. For me the decision came after I crashed it several times trying to watch 4K video recorded with my Icon. It also started chugging hard when I would process videos from my GoPro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon