Need help screen is black and the os is runnning

rapide8

May 21, 2015
Visit site
i was on my way back from school and i was just looking at facebook and then the screen went off
i tried to hard/soft rest it but nothing worked.
my 920 is running the newest wp10 update

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Is it running? I mean can you hear any notification?

If not, connect it to a computer and use Microsoft Lumia recovery tool.

Keep is up to date with whatever happens

juapar2

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I have been having the same problem.

My suggestion, try to get ur phone charged to 100% connect to a laptop/PC and take whatever backup you can. The recovery tool will wipe old data.

When I had initially installed the WP10 preview. I could not get screen for any thing. The screen was black/blank for anything (app, slide down notification etc) no apps would start. I could not take pictures, I could not change Internet etc.

Then I did the Windows recovery tool restore. It wiped my old data but installed all my apps from the one drive apps backup.

I still have the blank screen problem. When I hit the home/start button none of the tiles come. Occasionally I have seen that once I have 100% charge, the tiles come back. anything less than 100 and the tiles cannot be seen. The phone is practically useless. I cannot make calls nor can I use any apps. I could not take pictures too. I can however search and browse!!

At the time of writing, I do not see any tiles. Not even the notification area tiles. It is very frustrating. I just charged my phone(charge is 92%) and I am slowly getting back my tiles. I am planning to go back to the original WP8.1 status.

Hope some of the experience details help.

Mohamed Ahmed Nader

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same problem.

My suggestion, try to get ur phone charged to 100% connect to a laptop/PC and take whatever backup you can. The recovery tool will wipe old data.

When I had initially installed the WP10 preview. I could not get screen for any thing. The screen was black/blank for anything (app, slide down notification etc) no apps would start. I could not take pictures, I could not change Internet etc.

Then I did the Windows recovery tool restore. It wiped my old data but installed all my apps from the one drive apps backup.

I still have the blank screen problem. When I hit the home/start button none of the tiles come. Occasionally I have seen that once I have 100% charge, the tiles come back. anything less than 100 and the tiles cannot be seen. The phone is practically useless. I cannot make calls nor can I use any apps. I could not take pictures too. I can however search and browse!!

At the time of writing, I do not see any tiles. Not even the notification area tiles. It is very frustrating. I just charged my phone(charge is 92%) and I am slowly getting back my tiles. I am planning to go back to the original WP8.1 status.

Hope some of the experience details help.

When I tried rolling back to WP 8.1 on my 630 dual SIM it stopped working and the USB driver shows an unknown device

The WP recovery tool didn't find my device in any way "same as with the Lumia recovery tool". The device that was recognized is called QxUSB_bulk "can't remember what the x was". Googled the ID and found that it was Qualcomm my chipset

Through trial I found that if I remove the battery and connect,the phone,directly it would still read the chipset but not the phone.

If anyone has solution then please help me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes