In need of a new phone, can't wait for flagship anymore should I get a 640XL?

Win316

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I currently own an HTC Desire HD (5 year old phone I know) and I want to replace it. I want a Windows phone but I don't want to wait till September/October for a flagship as I need a new phone soon. Should I get a Lumia 640 XL or something cheaper that way I can wait till the flagships are out? I mainly use my phone for whatsapp and pics, but I don't know if I'll use any of the new Windows 10 Mobile features in the future.
My fear with the 640 is that I heard it's slow, and I really don't want something slow.
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The pictures and videos the xl can produce are quite amazing considering the price.. However if you have your heart set on a flagship then I would say, buy one of the "cheaper" devices for now.

The 635 is as cheap as you can get lol, the 735 is a good selfie phone, the 830 gives you the option of adding extra memory and the 930 gives you a bit more power than any of the others can provide..

We have threads for all of these phone, so you can look up the negative and positive things going on with them and as always we're here to help, if you need more info.

Im throwing in the 920, because im currently using it :D The front cam lacks a bit, but as for the rest.. Well you'll be amazed what this "old" phone can do :)

Win316

May 28, 2015
Visit site
So many options lol I'm gonna check out these phones and see their prices, guess I'll set a budget of around 150 euros (buying from France) and then sell it when a flagship comes out. I just hope MS doesn't make me wait for 2016 lol

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So many options lol I'm gonna check out these phones and see their prices, guess I'll set a budget of around 150 euros (buying from France) and then sell it when a flagship comes out. I just hope MS doesn't make me wait for 2016 lol

LOL nah, we'd kill them if they even try to act funny :D or we'd just fall back in line and wait it out :/ However rumors of devices are swirling so before the end of 2015 we will most likely have one or two flagships

BojanRimanic

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Few weeks ago I was in the same boat as you :smile:
I decided to give WP a try by buying the 640 XL before opting for a flagship WP phone. After almost a month I am convinced that WP is for me and 640XL will serve me well until flagship comes out. That is if my son will not still this phone from me... he likes it very much as well... and he is heavy youtube-gaming-chatting-selfiing-photo taking user so this might answer your question if performance is ok :smile:
If bigger phone is ok with you I’d say go for it. It will not break the bank and you can upgrade when the big-boy comes out :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon