My Lumia 640 xl connects with wifi but does not access the internet why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my lumia 640 xl connects with wi fi but does not acess the internet why?

whenever i on wi fi my mobile shows connected but does not access the internet.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: my lumia 640 xl connects with wi fi but does not acess the internet why?

Can you give us a bit more information? Is this at home or somewhere else? Have you set it up correctly?

Keep in mind that your phone may show that you're connected but that doesn't mean you can use WiFi. I've encountered this many times while out and about.

640xl Newbie

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
My 640 XL will connect to wifi, but will not access the internet. Accessing free wifi at a hotel. Once I connect to the wifi, I need to accept the terms on the hotel's website. And can not perform this function. I am taken to a white screen that states, "We can't display this page right now." And my only option is skip or cancel. I connected laptop, tablet and wife's droid to wifi, with no luck for my 640. Any assistance would be appreciated. I have tried manually typing the hotel's url, with no luck.

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem on my 640 DS and on my Galaxy S3 when visiting certain Mariott hotels.

The problem was the hotel router/access point was timing out (or my phone was) after requesting an address.

The only way around this that seemed consistent:
  • go into airplane mode
  • reboot
  • stay in airplane mode until it was powered on and services had started,
  • disable airplane mode

I was then able to connect and the browser would open up and run to the local login screen.

Someone else on a Mariott forum a while back said it was an issue with their dhcp-auth not releasing dhcp addresses quickly enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon