My Lumia 730 battery is draining too fast, what can I do?

sikta

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
my lumia 730 battery is draining too fast

Hii all,

I am using lumia 730 since 6 months; initially battery life was excellent(24 hours even after using it most with 3G, games etc.). But suddenly since 2 days battery is going too fast like before going to sleep my battery was 57%, morning only 26% battery left (without using the phone,data also off).

can anyone here facing the same problem? should i show this to customer care? plz help..

Thank you!!!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: my lumia 730 battery is draining too fast

Welcome to Windows Central Sikta,

Did you install recently new apps or changed some app settings which could explain the drain (check battery saver).
Try a soft reset to see if this helps.
If non of the above works a hard reset may be needed but before you do it be sure you have a back up.

sikta

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.

No i didn't install any apps recently. but i cant understand why suddenly this is happening. i mean up to yesterday battery life was very fine and so suddenly 30% drains in a night.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks.

No i didn't install any apps recently. but i cant understand why suddenly this is happening. i mean up to yesterday battery life was very fine and so suddenly 30% drains in a night.

I also do not know but did you check battery saver to see if one app used a lot of battery?
Maybe some app or system app is "corrupted" and with a soft reset you could stop it.

sikta

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

already checked the usage; all apps r showing <1% usage and rebooted d phone also but nothing seems to be working.

sikta

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

and more confusing is, more battery is going when phone z in idle condition.

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
microsoft doesn't show windows OS power usage in battery sense app .. only installed apps will be shown , that means phone OS otself is using all the power., try restarting it and updating it if there is any update available. if not then it is faulty. go to nokia care center.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Before doing anything else try turning all radios off for the night (flight mode) after a soft reset. In all likelihood it is an app or routine running in the background. I had a similar issue with an old 920. In that instance a hard reset and wipe solved the issue. Its a bit of a pain but it will probably fix the issue. My L735 only drops 4-5% overnight (without battery saver) but then I have disabled most background apps.

Achyut Arjun

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

My phone's battery life has also deteriorated.. My usage pattern has not changed, but on a single charge it now gives only 6-7 hours, whereas it used to give 15-16 hours..
I had once installed windows 10 preview version, and had to go to Nokia care to reinstall s/w on my Lumia 730, I doubt if this has had some effect on my phone..

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site

Hii all,

I am using lumia 730 since 6 months; initially battery life was excellent(24 hours even after using it most with 3G, games etc.). But suddenly since 2 days battery is going too fast like before going to sleep my battery was 57%, morning only 26% battery left (without using the phone,data also off).

can anyone here facing the same problem? should i show this to customer care? plz help..

Thank you!!!

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Reduce the no. of apps allowed in background. Try a hard reset, if its been a long time between in-place upgrades.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte