How can I stop my Lumia 930 camera shaking wildly?

Kevin Jagassar

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 930 camera shaking wildly

I recently bought a lumia 930, probably a week ago camera was working fine on the old operating system but as soon as i updated my os the camera is shaking wildly when launched it is so bad I cant even use the camera...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 930 camera shaking wildly

We may need more details. From what OS did you update and to what OS version did you update?

What kind of shaking are you experiencing? Is it sideways or to-and-fro?

Welcome to Windows Central, by the way.

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Have the same problem with mine. Windows 8.1 with the denim update on a Lumia 1520. A bit concerning. Initially I thought it was just me as I had replaced the screen and may have left the camera at a weird angle or would have not set it in the housing properly but this looks more like a software bug. Has rendered the camera unusable as it shakes about and loses focus in a split second.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Have the same problem with mine. Windows 8.1 with the denim update on a Lumia 1520. A bit concerning. Initially I thought it was just me as I had replaced the screen and may have left the camera at a weird angle or would have not set it in the housing properly but this looks more like a software bug. Has rendered the camera unusable as it shakes about and loses focus in a split second.

Are you using the hardware camera button, or the tap-on-the-screen-to-focus feature?

Kevin Jagassar

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

As soon as I made the first update it started shaking wildly haven't stopped yet even though my phone kept updating I'm currently running denim. Windows also has not made a statement on this problem which is quite disconcerting as many persons are experiencing this issue

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Shaking is sometimes to and fro sometimes sideways

It may be a software-level issue. Have you tried using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool or Lumia Software Recovery Tool? Note that this will wipe your phone clean... but at least you would have known if the issue was indeed software level or already hardware level.

Ganesh Venkat

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Same problem here. Lumia 1520. It was all fine untill I got the critical update from Microsoft to fix reboot issue. Now camera loses focus every second and none of the pics are good

Kevin Jagassar

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

it was working fine when i got it, only after the update i encountered the problem i am hoping it is a software level issue

bunds

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I think I have the same issue on my L930. I have WP8.1 denim, and when i'm with the camera opened sometimes it starts shaking radomly from top to down, sometimes it shakes for some secs and stops, sometimes it keeps shaking for over 10~20secs until it stops for a while. It is totally randim, sometimes I keep the camera 'online' for over 10minutes and nothing happens; sometimes I open the camera and it start shaking from nowhere. It does not have to do with the focus, 'cause sometimes i'm filming steady and in the middle of the movie the camera starts shaking and ruins the filming.

Kevin Jagassar

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I think I have the same issue on my L930. I have WP8.1 denim, and when i'm with the camera opened sometimes it starts shaking radomly from top to down, sometimes it shakes for some secs and stops, sometimes it keeps shaking for over 10~20secs until it stops for a while. It is totally randim, sometimes I keep the camera 'online' for over 10minutes and nothing happens; sometimes I open the camera and it start shaking from nowhere. It does not have to do with the focus, 'cause sometimes i'm filming steady and in the middle of the movie the camera starts shaking and ruins the filming.

Did you try the recovery tool and did it work if u did???

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
While installing WPRT or LSRT you'll need active internet for downloading required files and re-distributables mostly visual c++ and low level driver for accessing UEFI which thereby unlocks phone for recovery. Install both suites and use anyone you like.

paulbram

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody been able to figure this out? I'm curious if anyone has ordered a replacement camera module and if that fixed it. I'd hate to go to the effort to replace it if it's really just a software issue. That said, this really feels like it's probably a hardware problem.

Kiko Ds

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
The problem can be solved , tho u need to disaseble the phone , remove the camera module and press the sides of it , trust me I had the same problem ... sry for geting a late reply but :) there it is , the sollution is a peny :D

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Kiko Ds,

Did you just removed the module and put it back in the right position? Because some folks say that the whole module should be changed, they decided to change it and there is no info on what they actually did. Looking forward for your reply as this bug is really pisses me off on such nice device as 930.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon