L920 acting weird, why are my apps opening randomly?

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
L920 acting weird

My Lumia 920 is having some odd things occurring. The most common is Cortana is randomly opening and listening, particularly when I lay it down or put it in my pocket (it is possible that maybe I'm accidentally holding down the search button when moving the phone, but I never had this problem before). Also, I'm getting random times where IE will freeze up, or when I tap back in IE it will go back two pages, or I'll try scrolling but it is like it cannot read my finger. I've also had a few times where I'll open the lock screen and find a random app running. Of the above the Cortana thing and IE stuff is by far the most common. Any ideas what would be the cause, and how to fix it?

My first thought was software issue. So I did a hard reset, and reinstalled everything (not from a backup). I've actually done this twice, but the problem is still there. This leads me to think there are two possibilities 1) there is an issue with the OS being installed when resetting the phone. 2) I've got some hardware issue (screen/touch?).

Any ideas? Would trying to reset the phone with the recovery tool be any different than just doing the built in reset via. settings?

Mark

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: L920 acting weird

My Lumia 920 is having some odd things occurring. The most common is Cortana is randomly opening and listening, particularly when I lay it down or put it in my pocket (it is possible that maybe I'm accidentally holding down the search button when moving the phone, but I never had this problem before). Also, I'm getting random times where IE will freeze up, or when I tap back in IE it will go back two pages, or I'll try scrolling but it is like it cannot read my finger. I've also had a few times where I'll open the lock screen and find a random app running. Of the above the Cortana thing and IE stuff is by far the most common. Any ideas what would be the cause, and how to fix it?

My first thought was software issue. So I did a hard reset, and reinstalled everything (not from a backup). I've actually done this twice, but the problem is still there. This leads me to think there are two possibilities 1) there is an issue with the OS being installed when resetting the phone. 2) I've got some hardware issue (screen/touch?).

Any ideas? Would trying to reset the phone with the recovery tool be any different than just doing the built in reset via. settings?

Mark

Solved yet?

If not, what Firmware and OS version are you using?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon