Lumia 520 (WP8.1 Denim) fails to finish installing update, keeps restarting. How can I fix it?

WPEnthusiast

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 520 (WP8.1 Denim) Fails to Finish Installing Update, Keeps Restatrting

Hello, guys!
I'm enrolled for Windows Insider Fast update and I was prompted to download and install an update (it says it will prevent my phone from rebooting). I downloaded it and I was prompted to restart to complete installation. I did restart and immediately after that, the phone made an attempt to continue installing the update (shows two gears rolling against each other). The load bar almost got full when I suddenly saw the SAD SMILEY ":-(" and the phone rebooted and went back to the same page (two gears above). The load bar did not show any progress but the the phone keeps restarting on getting to the same screen. Hard reset options are not working.

Please Help!
Thanks for your anticipated help.

6ril

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 (WP8.1 Denim) Fails to Finish Installing Update, Keeps Restatrting

Hi, same problem on my 520. I had to use Windows Phone Recovery Tool and gave up the idea of upgrade my 520 to Windows 10

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 (WP8.1 Denim) Fails to Finish Installing Update, Keeps Restatrting

Hello 6ril, I tried using Windows Phone Recovery Tool but I am unable to get it connected. I am facing the same problem as WPEnthusiast. When I start the phone with volume down button pressed, I don't get an exclamation mark, but the Nokia text keeps flashing periodically. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

WPEnthusiast

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello, guys!
I have been able to fix my phone using the Windows Recovery Tool software. Once you are able to get your phone connected to it, it detects it and tells you whether any software package is available for your phone. Mind you, the software works only for Lumia and HTC phones.

But my story goes like this actually...

I tried the HARD RESET OPTION; It just won't work if you are facing a problem like mine. What you really need is the Windows Software Recovery Tool. I got my phone connected and it detected it. Then I received a notifiationabout the firmware available for my phone. I clicked to download it (1.49GB) and the download started. The great thing about it is that even if the download fails after it started, it does not start all over. It simply continues from where it stopped, even if you had restarted your PC several times.

I had the download stopped several times because of poor internet connection (53kb/s-107kb/s: Aww! I know, it's Africa ;-)). Yesterday, I could not get internet connection at all so I gave up on fixing it myself and decided to take it to the tech guys for flashing. After the flashing, I got WP8.0 instead of WP8.1 (Arrghghgh!!!) Today, I got internet connection and tried to start updating the phone from 8.0 to 8.1 but kept getting this error code 8007e72 or so. Then I remembered I once saw an article on how to upgrade your Windows Phone OS with Windows Recovery Tool. I could not find the article again but decided to connect my phone to the software anyway. After I connected my phone to the software, I received a message that there was a software update for the phone. I clicked INSTALL and voila! The software package that was downloading before the flashing continued (It stopped at 1.01GB initially).

After it finished downloading, it installed on my phone and what did I get? WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 LUMIA CYAN. I will get it updated to Denim soon, tho.

BEST OF LUCK!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon