What is this Thin line on my display and how do I get rid of it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Thin line on display

I have recently got a 640. Is it normal for the display to have a very thin coloured line running down the left side. Its only one week old and it has never been dropped. I have tried resetting. Anyone got the same issue.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Thin line on display

You may need to create a Windows Central account in order to provide us with more details, i.e. a photo of your screen vs a screenshot taken using your L640. If the line is present in the photo (taken with another phone, or using the front facing camera of that L640 facing a mirror) but not in the screenshot, then it could be a screen defect. Being only one week old, you may still have the chance to have your entire phone replaced in the store where you purchased it as long as you bring your official receipt with you.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Thin line on display

My 3 years old 920 has one on the right too. Appeared a few weeks back.

-EDIT-
Btw, I figured that you can fix it by dismantling your device and disconnecting then reconnecting the LCD, I don't advise you to do that, though. You should take it to repair.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If in doubt I would always try to get it exchanged first if the store you purchased it from has a returns policy. This is even more important for items such as phones (at least here in the US) as they tend to have a very short return window.

StellaG

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I took your advice and contacted the provider. They are sending me a replacement phone.:smile: Aparrantly it is a problem with the LED which would have gotten worse the longer i kept it. :shocked:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I took your advice and contacted the provider. They are sending me a replacement phone.:smile: Aparrantly it is a problem with the LED which would have gotten worse the longer i kept it. :shocked:

That's good that they're sending you a replacement phone. You may want to take note of the IMEI of your defective phone and then compare it with the "replacement" phone, just to be sure that it is a real replacement phone. The IMEI can be found in your phone Settings > about. You don't need to share the IMEI here (as that may not be advisable) - just take note of it personally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes