Build quality questions

vajnorcan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
guys, I've noticed couple of things and would like to know whether everyone experience approximately the same problem:

1) pressing the screen a tad more causes the screen to "float" or "distort", especially around the edges
2) pressing the screen on the right edge next to where the volume buttons are seems to flex a lot more than on the left side, sometimes it creaks as well
3) volume and power buttons are not as poking out as the camera shutter button?
4) pressing the camera button while the phone is locked doesnt always wake it up, but I have to tap it twice... occasionally it works on the first press... I'd say it's 50-50

or do I have a buggy one ? Otherwise I'm quite happy with the phone

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
guys, I've noticed couple of things and would like to know whether everyone experience approximately the same problem:

1) pressing the screen a tad more causes the screen to "float" or "distort", especially around the edges
2) pressing the screen on the right edge next to where the volume buttons are seems to flex a lot more than on the left side, sometimes it creaks as well
3) volume and power buttons are not as poking out as the camera shutter button?
4) pressing the camera button while the phone is locked doesnt always wake it up, but I have to tap it twice... occasionally it works on the first press... I'd say it's 50-50

or do I have a buggy one ? Otherwise I'm quite happy with the phone
1) yes, happens on a ton of devices, granted, i have to press uncomfortably hard on a screen i don't want to break.
2) well, because the buttons are there, you have less support
3) sounds about right. not an issue, but a design choice.
4) always works for me

vajnorcan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
thanks a lot for your response.
1) I don't have to press it that hard in order to display to float/distort. especially around the edges it's quite sensitive...
2) creaking is what bothers me, flexing I could live with ... again with a little bit of pressure it's just there..

I'll pop in a mobile phone store to compare the ones on display to double check whether I've been unlucky or not. Thanks again

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

1) It is known that the screen of the L830 is rather thin. However, I've just tried this on mine and my wife's L830 and did not notice the symptoms you describe. I have to press substantially to cause the LC to show LC distortion.

2) No difference between left or right. No creaking

3) the camera button is raised on the L830 because it has two settings, light press and full press. It is therefore sticking out more. You can use the light press for focusing without tapping the screen (like a real camera).

4) there is a setting that prevents accidental camera start via camera button when phone is locked. This seems to be in conflict with another setting "press and hold camera button to wake up the phone". If both are set you need to press the button twice to wake up the phone. At least that is my experience here.

bottom line. I wouldn't be happy if mine was creaking when I push it. Although, your push may not be the same as for other people.

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
1) It is known that the screen of the L830 is rather thin. However, I've just tried this on mine and my wife's L830 and did not notice the symptoms you describe. I have to press substantially to cause the LC to show LC distortion.

2) No difference between left or right. No creaking

3) the camera button is raised on the L830 because it has two settings, light press and full press. It is therefore sticking out more. You can use the light press for focusing without tapping the screen (like a real camera).

4) there is a setting that prevents accidental camera start via camera button when phone is locked. This seems to be in conflict with another setting "press and hold camera button to wake up the phone". If both are set you need to press the button twice to wake up the phone. At least that is my experience here.

bottom line. I wouldn't be happy if mine was creaking when I push it. Although, your push may not be the same as for other people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon