How do I remove a virus from the SD Card of my Lumia 535?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to remove virus from my SD Card of Lumia 535

a dialog box was shone that "SD card is having problem do you want to fix it"(something like this) when my phone automatically updated itself. does that means that my SD card is infected with virus or something else and if Yes then how can i remove it or do i need to do a Hard Reset of my SD card and which is the best antivirus for windows Phone.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to remove virus from my SD Card of Lumia 535

Welcome to Windows Central.

To answer your question (about removing a virus from your SD Card), simply directly connect your SD Card to a PC where a reliable anti-virus software has been installed and then scan the SD Card.

However, that message doesn't mean that your SD Card has been infected. Most likely, that message may indicate that some sectors in your SD Card have been compromised and may need recovering or reformatting. Nonetheless, just the same, connect your SD card to your PC and allow it "Scan and Fix" it if the prompt appears. If it doesn't, then you may reformat the SD Card directly using your PC.

Virus or not, this method will eradicate the problem... unless your SD Card is already starting to fail in which case the only solution would be to buy a new SD Card.

Should you wish to provide additional information or ask further questions, please don't hesitate to create a Windows Central account and then respond in this thread.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to remove virus from my SD Card of Lumia 535

a dialog box was shone that "SD card is having problem do you want to fix it"(something like this) when my phone automatically updated itself. does that means that my SD card is infected with virus or something else and if Yes then how can i remove it or do i need to do a Hard Reset of my SD card and which is the best antivirus for windows Phone.
If a filesystem has errors due to force removal of battery or improper shutdown then remove SD card and insert it PC and use check disk utility.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes