Led wont turn off camera wont start

thecozz1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Had my 1020 for almost a year now. No issues. Has all latest updates. Last update was sometime back.
Had it in my shirt pocket while cycling fir two hours and it was running sports tracker.
I have done this twice a week since I had the phone and no issues.
Last night finished ride and took phone out of pocket to see camera led light on.
Turned sports tracker off. Tried soft reset. Had a hard time getting it to reset.
Screen was blank/black after reset and took multiple tries to get phone on and working.
Finally got phone working but led light still wont go off and camera wont start. Tried starting camera with button and through multiple camera aps with no luck.
Reading online forums this seems to be a common problem but I haven't been able to find any forums with a resolution to the problem. Hard resetting according to forums doesn't help.
Any ideas? I did see one forum where phone was taken to care centre and repaired quickly but doesn't say what they did? My phone is out of warranty

MB Rodriguez

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Got the same problem before. That happened because the inner part of the phone gets wet. With what? With your sweat. The camera at the back is not that sealed bruh. Any liquid can easily penetrate in it. I brought it to a LOT of technicians but they don't get to see the problem and how to fix it. Luckily, after 24 and a half year of looking for somebody who can fix it, i found one and he tells me how it happens. Do the same thing bruh. Try to look for a good technician that is knowledgeable in windows phone.

thecozz1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So the camera started working again but the LED still wont shut off.
I am really surprised if the tiny amount of sweat on my back could have penetrated the camera when it never has before. Maybe a small bit each time over time? Nokia have always had such good build quality for nokia/Microsoft to allow a design tha would allow tiny amounts of moisture into the phone is surprising.
Anyways, thank for the reply. So what will the Tech have to do? Replace the LED or the whole camera module? Or does it just need to be opened and dried out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb