Whats the latest 1520 update

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
Ive just booted up my 1520 again after a while, but I noticed, under settings > Phone Update, that theres no new updates for it yet.. Im still on:

Denim: 8.10.14226.359 / 02540.00019.14522.26004 / RM-937_eu_euro1_231.(unlocked UK)

I have looked in on the forums from time to time and noticed people have talked about "update 1" or "Update 2" "Fix this and that updates", even "Windows 10 update".

Can anyone shed any light on this and hopedully put my mind at rest, Is our lovely 1520 being pushed out.

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That is the same OS version in my L1020 so it appears that that is the latest "official" OS release for Lumias of the same generation. If I am not mistaken, however, that OS version is already "Update 1".

Update 2 is sometimes referred to as a pre-requisite update to being able to participate in the Technical Preview for Windows 10. In an L535 I used to own, I was able to download Update 2 by downloading app and registering for the Technical Preview program (Insider), but as soon as the OS version is updated I uninstalled the app so as not to proceed further to Windows 10 TP.

Let us not rush into conclusions. A major OS update has not been released for most Lumia models. If there's any device that should be upgrade-capable for Windows 10, the L1520 is definitely going to be one of them.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Is the Update 2 trick really update 2? If so I'd like to try it but not if it's a faux update 2. Guessing the firmware is still update 1?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
That is the same OS version in my L1020 so it appears that that is the latest "official" OS release for Lumias of the same generation. If I am not mistaken, however, that OS version is already "Update 1".

Update 2 is sometimes referred to as a pre-requisite update to being able to participate in the Technical Preview for Windows 10. In an L535 I used to own, I was able to download Update 2 by downloading app and registering for the Technical Preview program (Insider), but as soon as the OS version is updated I uninstalled the app so as not to proceed further to Windows 10 TP.

Let us not rush into conclusions. A major OS update has not been released for most Lumia models. If there's any device that should be upgrade-capable for Windows 10, the L1520 is definitely going to be one of them.

I do know that major OS updates, even for IOS and Android often only come about every 12 - 18 months, with individual device bug fixes "mini updates" in between. When I set my 1520 up yesterday, I did get around 40 app updates from the store, meaning my device is running as it should on Denim and its working fine, so thanks for the tip.

MS have shown the 1520 running Win10, so it looks like we could be in for the update. Im not a big fan of Beta and DP updates so ill just wait.

I just wanted to check with others that my device was OK. :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I do know that major OS updates, even for IOS and Android often only come about every 12 - 18 months, with individual device bug fixes "mini updates" in between. When I set my 1520 up yesterday, I did get around 40 app updates from the store, meaning my device is running as it should on Denim and its working fine, so thanks for the tip.

MS have shown the 1520 running Win10, so it looks like we could be in for the update. Im not a big fan of Beta and DP updates so ill just wait.

I just wanted to check with others that my device was OK. :)

I used to be active in DP and Beta updates, in fact I'm still relatively active in Beta testing some apps. However, after having my L1020 repaired, I've stopped installing DP and OS Beta updates, and have decided to wait for the official release from there on. So you're not alone. Besides, the disclaimers and warnings from Microsoft regarding the instability and risks for Windows 10 Mobile preview have convinced more than enough not to install it on my only driver... at least not yet. :wink:

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I used to be active in DP and Beta updates, in fact I'm still relatively active in Beta testing some apps. However, after having my L1020 repaired, I've stopped installing DP and OS Beta updates, and have decided to wait for the official release from there on. So you're not alone. Besides, the disclaimers and warnings from Microsoft regarding the instability and risks for Windows 10 Mobile preview have convinced more than enough not to install it on my only driver... at least not yet. :wink:

Im in a similar place to yourself, my 1520 is also my daily driver, so Im not risking it either. I remember when the release of Denim hit Netherlands first and I flashed it.. and I just could not get Cortana to work at all.. no matter how many times I changed the US language and region, plus it crashed a few times, so I flashed back and waited.

What stopped me from taking part in Betas altogether though was I remember reading quite awhile ago that cerrtain devices have different hardware in them due to a particular country not have the licence to use that brand of component, hence the reason why the same phones have different numbers in countries, for example.. China may not not be able to use Hynix memory or Russia may not be able to licence Snapdragon, so each phone model requires different firmwares for different SoC.. and installing a different countries firmware can brick or create problems on your device, but this only relates to firmware, software is fine.

Juan Echeverry

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
We will eventually get the "Update 2" after EVERY SINGLE Microsoft branded phone out there gets it.... not before. Unfortunately our phone lacks the right brand on it.
The same thing will happen with Windows phone 10 im sure...... they always show windows phone 10 on 1520s.... they always tested it in 1520s, but we will be the last ones to get it.
Meh!..... stuff happens!.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon