Best camera app to use on the 640XL?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi djeire84,

I believe the solution to your dilemma is Lumia Camera Beta.

Here's the link
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/store/apps/lumia-camera-beta/9wzdncrfjbm0

Here's what's different in Lumia Camera Beta from the regular Lumia Camera app.

• Microsoft Office Lens is now accessible as an in-app lens in Lumia Camera. Download it here if you don't have it installed already.
  • When switching between the pro controls and the auto controls, an on-screen message will now say either "pro" or "auto" to remind you where you are.
  • When you leave the app, any pro settings you made will remain for the next time you load the camera up. But not if you force close the app completely.
  • Under Video, there is now an "Audio bass filter" again with three options: Default (100Hz), Off and Strong (200Hz). Off will ensure the entire range of sound is recorded, the default is recommended for most all round conditions and strong will filter out low frequencies like engine noise.
  • It now says "capture Living Images" instead of just "Living Images." Just in case.
  • References to Dolby 5.1 have been removed beneath the surround sound option on supported devices
  • There's now text guiding you beneath the camera key press and hold options which says: "Choose what happens when you press and hold the camera key in photo mode."
  • Some of the fonts are a little bigger in the gray text beneath settings options.

I hope this helps :wink:

Wow fantastic advise there thank you so much for that I will check it out now.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok I have checked it out its a god send thank you so much. I have deleted Lumia camera the beta is gonna be my go to camera. Thanks again 😊

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
This app IS NOT in Windows Store, and when you go to the website there is a button that says " get app " that does nothing but bruise the tip of your finger from tapping tapping tapping.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Is this app for One Drive different than the One Drive that is on the phone screen?
I believe it came with W10, not sure. But I don't remember downloading it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon