Why isn't my PC seeing my Nokia Lumia 640LTE?

Peter Szkiela

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
No PC can see my Nokia Lumia 640LTE

I've tried plugging it into 3 different PCs (one running Win 10, two running Win 7), on different USB ports, with different cables.

The phone never appears in Windows Explorer on any of those PCs.

It does start charging while plugged in, so presumably the physical USB connection is okay.

Any help gratefully accepted.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: No PC can see my Nokia Lumia 640LTE

Install the Windows Phone software. It installs specific USB drivers. Then you will be good.

Peter Szkiela

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for both of the replies.

djeire84, that link doesn't have anything for "Lumia" and searching for "Nokia" only gives Windows XP drivers.

Gamo62, Where can I get the Windows Phone software?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for both of the replies.

djeire84, that link doesn't have anything for "Lumia" and searching for "Nokia" only gives Windows XP drivers.

Gamo62, Where can I get the Windows Phone software?

Follow this link its for the windows recovery tool it has the usb drivers included for your phone even if u never use the pc program the usb drivers will connect your phone to the pc http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/recover-my-phone

Peter Szkiela

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Tried that, but it makes no difference.
Windows Phone recovery tool just sits there, asking me to connect the phone although it's already connected.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Ok you could uninstall the program, then go to device manager and remove all WinUsb usb device drivers, restart pc, install windows recovery tool, when prompt plug in phone.

Peter Szkiela

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Have now done all that.
Still the same result; Windows Phone Recovery tool (and Windows in general) doesn't realise that the phone is plugged in.

voidcomp

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Weird, when plugged in it pulled down whatever was needed and detected just fine. Windows 7. Try another USB cable. Most are crap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon