Why would a 2.1A charger charge slower than a 2A on a 930?

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there a charging limit on the 930? I bought a 2.1A charger and new cable from the shop as my daughters kindle wasn't charging fast enough. It put a hell of a fast charge into it. I plugged it into my 930 and it took about 6 hours to charge when my 1.5A does it in a couple of hours.

Also, has anyone else had intermittent connection problems with their charging port?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's down to the chip in the battery. Some chips slow the charge when they read out of variance current. Volts and Amps both matter, BTW.

It is to protect your battery and your system, really.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
In addition to the chip regulating charge rates, there is also a difference in how rapid charging is accomplished. One of the biggest being chargers designed to support Apple devices. For standard USB, the charge output was increased by "shorting" two contacts to allow more amperage to the device. This is how most microUSB chargers achieve faster charge rates. Some create the "short/jumper" in the charger itself while others do it in the cable. That is why you can find USB to microUSB cables labeled as "charge only" because they can't pass data due to the configuration.

Apple took a different approach. This results in the mass number of charges listed as "works with iPhone/iPad" to have varying success with non-Apple products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon