A change in battery, and an unexpected surprise

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
So, my Lumia 1520 was throwing fits at me, by having the ghost touch issue and the battery issue. Wanting to save some bucks as my immediate aim was a 950XL, I went to swap out the battery at a third party place today as I still was able to live with the touch issue.

Now I have the phone back (same-day fix), and I have a good battery that seems to have fixed my woes. What really surprised me, was how I did not encounter the ghost touch issue at all in the admittedly short time I have with it. My Lumia 1520 is as good as new (save for some scratches), and it only took SGD 58 to fix the lot.

I suppose a good teardown + fixing allowed the connectors to be back where it was supposed to be. Now I am considering just waiting for the x86 phones that is definitely coming.

malberto

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
This is interesting. Now I want to open my 1520 and see how that works. About the battery replacement, where did you get the battery? Mine is showing off its age.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
There is another thread a little bit down the way where another member changed their battery, about a week ago.

BTW - unless you are deliberate about doing it, there are no connectors, etc, to move when changing the battery, except for the battery one. The LCD connector is under a metal clip that holds it down - it would be pretty hard to loosen up the connector for the display.

It would be interesting to hear back from the OP to see if their phone is holding up still w/no phantom touch issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes