Lumia Icon OUT OF STOCK on Microsoft Store

FiveHorizons88

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered an Icon yesterday from the online store and got a confirmation email stating my order was on back order. I called this morning and they confirmed that the Icon is out of stock and they don't have a re-stock date...so now I will be waiting for god knows how long... Yay!

Just thought I would warn anyone buying one since the site said nothing about it being out of stock when I placed my order.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Man, I bought one on the fire sale and realized last night this thing does not take a charge through the USB port. I've used Qi wireless charging so much since I had my 928 I didn't even try to charge this one. Welp, gotta send it back. They don't have any to replace. Uggh. Oh well.

FiveHorizons88

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Man, I bought one on the fire sale and realized last night this thing does not take a charge through the USB port. I've used Qi wireless charging so much since I had my 928 I didn't even try to charge this one. Welp, gotta send it back. They don't have any to replace. Uggh. Oh well.

Were they able to replace your Icon?

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Were they able to replace your Icon?

I setup an RMA. I'll be mailing it back this week. Only way to get a replacement is to find a store with a replacement Icon in stock or take an equivalent or replacement phone in-store. I chose to mail back RMA because MS stores locally don't have the Icon in stock.
I replaced it with one from a former employer who happened to have an extra. I was lucky.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Did they give you an option to get store credit to be put towards a more expensive phone?

I purchased the phone online and when I reported the defect with the charging port (USB) they immediately gave me the option to send back to MS by mail or bring to a store for return or replacement. I just went ahead and mailed it knowing there were no replacements of the Icon in stock at stores after calling.

707wpfan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Assurion cannot replace my 1520,after getting all the way to the office of the CEO, they are sending me a check for FULL MSRP of 1520, minus deductible.
I wouldn't stop pushing my point, how long have I been paying insurance on an item you can't insure?
If someone wrecks a Tesla you don't offer them a Hyundai Elantra, HTC wouldn't be acceptable to an iPhone user, why should I accept anything less than my 1520?
Don't settle for a lesser option!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon