950 XL Dual SIM - Lack of availabilty!

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope, no single person has seen one, with the exception of the people in the manufacturing plant, and employees in stores if they have already received them. But none of those are participating here.

In reality majority of us already saw one when it was put on display at the stores last month.

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You have to be careful buying from someone else but it can pay off. B&H has a better (IMO) warranty than the factory warranty. I used it with my 1520.3 which started acting up at 5 weeks. I had a brand new replacement 2 days after I reported it to them and showed them a video of the problems. And a prepaid label to ship the bad one back.

Just checking, you are in the US? I'm very tempted to order the dual sim from B&H and get it shipped to Australia. They confirmed with me on twitter that for warranty I have to pay to send it back for warranty and they will pay to send it to me after repairs.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
You have to be careful buying from someone else but it can pay off. B&H has a better (IMO) warranty than the factory warranty. I used it with my 1520.3 which started acting up at 5 weeks. I had a brand new replacement 2 days after I reported it to them and showed them a video of the problems. And a prepaid label to ship the bad one back.
I couldn't agree more. I'm a freelance videographer and I have been buying (and selling) video cameras and equipment from B&H for over twenty years with absolutely no issues.

litster

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It is going to be dual SIM in the US. Take a look at the spec section on microsoftstore.com. I can't post links yet since I am a noob here :D

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
It is going to be dual SIM in the US. Take a look at the spec section on microsoftstore.com. I can't post links yet since I am a noob here :D

[h=2]Connectivity[/h]
Dual Nano SIM
3.5mm audio connector, DisplayPort over USB-C
Charging connectors: USB-C
System connectors: USB-C
USB, USB 3.1
Bluetooth 4.1
Bluetooth profiles: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2, Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.4, Generic Attribute Profile (GATT), Hands-free profile (HFP) 1.6, Human Interface Device Profile (HID), Object Push profile (OPP) 1.1, Personal Area Network Profile (PAN) 1.0, Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) 1.1, HID over GATT profile (HOGP) 1.0, Message Access Profile (MAP)
NFC: Pairing, secure NFC for payment, sharing, tagging
Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, MIMO, Wi-Fi call
Wi-Fi hotspot: Up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
Other wireless connectivity: Screen projection

SWEEEEEEET!!! They just updated it to say that in the past few hours then! HECK YEAH!

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
RM-1116 is allegedly the version in the US MS retail stores and the same unlocked model we have ordered from the MS store. Time will tell.
Could very well be. The only thing that makes me question it is that it doesn't come with a MS warranty. B&H supplies their own.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just checking, you are in the US? I'm very tempted to order the dual sim from B&H and get it shipped to Australia. They confirmed with me on twitter that for warranty I have to pay to send it back for warranty and they will pay to send it to me after repairs.
Yep. Am in the US. Keep forgetting this forum doesn't display a location you can add to your profile in every post. Don't know why they don't do that here. So many things are dependent on location. And they took away any ability for us to do it ourselves when they arbitrarily and against member wishes completely eliminated signatures rather than just apply sensible rules.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
RM-1116 is allegedly the version in the US MS retail stores and the same unlocked model we have ordered from the MS store. Time will tell.
I am also suspecting that the RM-1116 could be the model sold in Microsoft Stores. MS says they want to eliminate redundant models. If they are true to their words, it makes no sense to have two dual SIM 950XLs. Now I can't rule out MS not selling dual SIMs in the US, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having people inspect and play with demo phones if they aren't even the model they will be selling. The 950 XL I sampled AND placed a pre-order in store for was a DUAL SIM phone. Of course I can't rule out MS being so stupid as to show and then take pre-orders from people who require a dual SIM and then hand them single SIM phones and hope they don't notice before the return period expires.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
As others have said. They very recently added that dual SIM spec. Before it was ambiguous. Very good news.

But the lack of information and delayed information is just appalling. One reason I also ordered on-line after pre-ordering in the store was in case the on-line was a single SIM and different pluses and minuses came to light. I don't NEED dual SIM but if everything else was the same, its better in case my needs change plus when I sell it down the road there would be more potential buyers with dual SIM. .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon