Do not restore from a backup!

Trunks817

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up to the new 950 users out there.

I upgraded from a 1520 to the 950 and had the developers preview on my 1520. Low and behold my 950 was getting terrible battery life. draining 10% every hour at idle and more when I was making calls or browsing. It was locking up and having trouble with various apps freezing at times. Before I returned it I thought I would try a wipe and then setup the phone from new and it has fixed everything. i'm at 80% after 6 hours of light browsing and 1 10 minute phone call! Hopefully this helps any frustrated user out there.

Trunks

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea I had huge issues doing restore from a WP 8 Lumia 920. After a fresh install and setting everything up from scratch it has been bug free and running much better. Users should never do a restore just bad idea overall.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
A clean install is almost always better, key word, almost.

I restored from an 830 on 8.1 and battery life seems about the same as my 830. It'll last quite a while or not depending on what I am doing. I do wish a selective restore was available. I'd be happy with just txt's, apps (without stored data on some) and linked accounts.

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I initially restored my 950 from my 1020 without the SIM installed. Had tons of issues, hot battery, etc...
Backed up the 950, reset, then restored with SIM installed and has been trouble free.

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Yea I had huge issues doing restore from a WP 8 Lumia 920. After a fresh install and setting everything up from scratch it has been bug free and running much better. Users should never do a restore just bad idea overall.

In general I prefer to do everything fresh as you say, but do you know if there is anyway to restore individual app data if nog doing a full restore? Some apps I have lose their way when I reinstall them fresh, but using the restore I don't lose a beat.

XcZachx20

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone else confirm this? If so I'm clean installing tomorrow. I'm getting 14 hrs battery life and average usage and that's not good counting that's that I've lost 7-10%/hours of battery while my phone was in my pocket at the movies or while I am sleeping.

Trunks817

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what background stuff you have running, but I have my bluetooth connected to my band, hey cortana, and windows hello on with my screen set to automatic brightness. I also have my work email set to as items arrive and I am at 89 percent with battery saver reporting 21 hours and 36 minutes remaining with the phone being off the charger for 4 hours. I would say 14 hours of battery life is about correct if you were streaming and watching videos or browsing heavily but losing 7 - 10% is not typical behavior if you phone was idle. Before the wipe and clean I was having worse issues and worse battery than you, but after the wipe I am getting better battery life than you. I don't know, If you have some time to kill and patience to reinstall all of your apps I would say go for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon